Warranty Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by e.andrews, Jan 15, 2015.

1. e.andrews macrumors newbie

To anyone that has experience with the 1 year limited warranty:

I bought my 13" MBA in June and after 6 months of very gentle use the hinge between the keyboard and screen has cracked. I've never dropped it or even really carried it without a sleeve. Is this a common problem and will it be covered by the limited warranty as I don't understand how this could have happened... Also my trackpad is bugging out, is it possible I just have a defective model? Thanks for any input!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I wouldn't say it's common, but your best approach is to take it to Apple and let them check it out. Only they can tell you if it's covered by warranty. Posting in a forum won't give you a definitive answer.

3. motrek macrumors 68020

That's terrible. If you act stupid and humble and polite enough, I'm sure an Apple Store will give you a new laptop. If they don't, go to a different store.

4. Xeridionix macrumors regular

My recommendation would be to take it to an Apple store or Apple Authorized Service Provider in your area to have it checked out. It certainly isn't normal for the hinge to crack like that.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Unless your MBA shows abuse, you might be surprised at what Apple might do to fix your problem.

Just be polite and honest with the Apple store