Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supervelous

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 28, 2010
HI,

I just got a Warranty replacement iphone, which is thankfully on software version 4.0.1. I have just restored from my backup I made today right before I restored and brought phone to Apple.

Now, how do I get everything back (all the jailbreak programs) I had installed? Do I have to jailbreak again and download everything again? Will I have to pay again for things I purchased like iblacklist and Cyntact, etc? I did download the Cydia program Aptbackup earlier today and hit the button to backup.

Thanks in advance!!

Edit: I wonder if it already has the jailbreak, because I had used Fake Carrier and set my Carrier name to my name, and now after restoring from backup it still has that there, instead of saying AT&T. But no Cydia or any other jailbreak apps. It also has all my blank squares I made with iblank.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
1 jailbreakme.com
2 go to a app you bought it will say you need to purchase it, l;og in via google or facebook cydia will recognize you purchased it before and will fix it.
3 if you hove pkgbackup then it can restore everything on the phone if not you will have to do it one at a time. Appbackup is the free version of pkgbackup really it's a different Dev not nearly as good.
but if you don't have pkgbackup go through on at a time and I'd by pkgbackup as well.. ;) if you bought through rock your supposed to just sign in and it's all there. doesn't always work like that though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.