Warranty replacement iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slapple, Apr 22, 2009.

1. slapple macrumors 6502

Do they give you a brand new replacement, or a refurbished one? And does the replacement one still have a one year warranty?

2. waiwai macrumors regular

i've read mixed responses to this... better to talk to applecare about it when u make the actual exchange ticket.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

Your replacement can either be a brand new one, or a refurbished one.

Refurbished iPods/iPhones get new serial numbers, and since the serial numbers are printed on the back of the item, every refurb goes in a new case, so you shouldn't really be able to visually tell a refurb apart from a new one. (i.e. a refurb from Apple shouldn't have any markings on it from the prior owner, for example)

Replacements come with a 90-day warranty, or the remainder of the warranty of the item they replaced, whichever is longer.

4. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Seconded.

5. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I couldn't have said it better. ;)

6. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

7. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

End thread

8. Melissa8910 macrumors newbie

???

So I have received a replacement phone around 4weeks ago. My warranty has already expired but does this mean my phone has a 90 warranty on it even though it had already expired? Entered my serial number on the apple support site and it says it's not covered any more. Hmm! Very unsure on what's what. Keeps displaying no service. I've reset and restored it on iTunes twice and done the airplane mode etc. nothing has worked, will apple change the handset for me? I have an appointment with the Apple geniuses tomorrow. :confused::confused::confused:

9. Bobby.e macrumors 6502

If the replacement is under 90 days old. Then it will be covered.

10. Melissa8910 macrumors newbie

Oh really? Even if I bought the phone from O2 (UK) under contract?

Basically I got my iPhone 4 2 months after release. So the warranty has expired. Phone broke and I sent it off covered by insurance and they sent me a replacement back. That was about 5 weeks ago. The last three weeks it's been showing no service, searching...full service.....no service. The last few days it's pretty much stayed at no service.

So although my phone was bought from O2 and replaced by them.....will the 90 day warranty still apply from apple? Technically it is apples property I guess.

I've checked the apple support site with the serial number of the replacement phone and it's saying that warranty has expired. Does the 90 day extension not show on the site maybe?

Any help on this would be great so I don't make a fool of myself when I go in store tomorrow :)

11. aristobrat macrumors G4

The 90 day warranty is for Apple-issued replacements. Check with O2 about their policy for their issued replacements.

12. Melissa8910 macrumors newbie

Ok thanks. So this is really strange and I'm not sure it's the cause.

After having no service all day today I decided to take it out the leather flip cover and switch it off and on. Usually I switch it off/on and put it back in the cover but this time I decided not to. Since I've not put it back in......the signal has shot up and has remained steady for the past half hour.

Anyone heard anything like this before? :confused:

13. andyx3x macrumors 65816

I've heard both. That you get no additional warranty with a replacement phone and that your original warranty stands. Or you get 90 days.

You should call Apple.

14. Bobby.e macrumors 6502

You are right. I should have specified.