Warranty When Travelling Overseas

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Solla Sollew, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Solla Sollew macrumors newbie

Hi All.

I'm wondering about the warranty for a MacBook Pro and whether it will still be valid when I am traveling overseas. I am in the U.S. at the moment but will be traveling extensively in the coming months and might end up staying somewhere for and extended period.

Will my warranty cover me for all the usual things while I am overseas and if I settle somewhere else?

Any help appreciated.

2. TheJing macrumors 6502a

TheJing

Yes. At least that's what they told me. Apple's warranty is worldwide.

3. praetorx macrumors regular

Quoting from AppleCare:

"You can call Apple’s award-winning technical support experts as often as you like and get your questions answered. And if you need repair service, we offer convenient service options around the world.
    "

then

"1.Availability of each option depends on country in which service is requested and location of Apple Authorized Service Provider. Apple may also request that the customer replace components with readily installable parts."

This info can be found on the apple website when you look for applecare.

4. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Yes. Every AASP worldwide is hooked up to some apple server that stores the warranty information. The warranty is worldwide.

I got an iPod that was bought in the US and used mainly in Germany exchanged in an apple service center in switzerland. They just enter the serial number and have all the information. You don't have to carry around receipts or anything else.