Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mds1256

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2011
just got my email through from apple in regards to the extended warranty. My 2012 MacBook Air now has warranty until 2015.

Just wait and your agreement will come through.

oxfordguy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2008
Oxford, England
Well, after complaining about this via the Apple website, I received an email today from AppleCare Agreement Administration, who actually *reduced* my warranty covered by 2 days (from 27th June 2012 to 25th June 2012) - [NB: 26th June 2012 was my purchase date, 28th June the shipping dates)! Grrr!

Anyway, I managed to get someone from Apple to call me back regarding this issue and explained again that, according to the UK Education Online Store, I am meant to receive 3 years of repair coverage. After some further discussion, where they agreed that this was what I should have received, I was told that my case has now been "escalated" and that it should be resolved in 3-5 business days and my support coverage updated online, but we will have to wait and see whether they do actually do this!

Oli3000

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2009
No problem! It seems apple are willing to not pass on we get a free 3 year guarantee so that they still get the AppleCare up-sell for £48... £48 profit as far as they are concerned!

benjyyy

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2012
Well you get 3 years phone support with the uplift. Also the uplift makes the warranty worldwide and not just in the UK

Another thing I have seen but have been able to confirm is that the HE warranty is not transferable, ie if you sell it on it reverts to 1 year . Can anyone confirm this?

oxfordguy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2008
Oxford, England
Well you get 3 years phone support with the uplift. Also the uplift makes the warranty worldwide and not just in the UK

But unless you move from the UK, that's not really an issue, and who really needs telephone support after initial setup?

Another thing I have seen but have been able to confirm is that the HE warranty is not transferable, ie if you sell it on it reverts to 1 year . Can anyone confirm this?

I've heard someone else say that, but haven't seen anything official that backs this up, I would be interested to know, though, as if the coverage *does* extend then obviously that's a selling point, if the machine is less than 3 years old when selling! I thought the Repair Coverage was associated with the machine's serial number, not the owner per se, though.

oxfordguy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2008
Oxford, England
UPDATE: my Applecare coverage now seems to have been extended, I had an email about this and also checked my coverage online again:

Telephone Technical Support: Active
Your product is eligible for complimentary telephone technical support during the first year.

Estimated Expiration Date: 05 July 2013

Repairs and Service Coverage: Active
Your product is covered for eligible hardware repairs and service under a custom agreement.

Estimated Expiration Date: 05 July 2015

Hurrah! :)

funlad

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2010
London. UK
Hi… late question…. full Applecare covers a Time Capsule if you bought this I think within 2 years of an iMac purchase. If I don't buy the additional HE Telephone Support Uplift, and just keep the regular 3 year Education Warranty… would a Time Capsule still be covered under this? If the only thing the Uplift adds is 2 extra years phone support… then the Time Capsule should be covered still, right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.