Warranty

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by milszils, Sep 15, 2007.

1. milszils macrumors member

if i buy an ipod ffrom say Wal mart or buy best will the apple store replace it if there is a problem?

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

They will fix the problem and help you out, but they won't be honoring any third-party warranties.

3. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

All iPods include a 1 Year warranty in the box. So yes. As long as you hold on to the receipt.

4. milszils thread starter macrumors member

5. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

Yeah i'm curious about that too as a friend is bringing me one back from the US in a couple of weeks. Will I be able to make a warranty claim in the UK if it is defective? I'm worried now what with the whole 'dodgy screens' thing going on.

6. spidey1703 macrumors member

I'm in the same boat. I'm from Ireland and my parents are currently soaking up the sun in Florida. They got their hands on 2 16GB Touch's for myself and my girlfriend. I'm HOPING that we get lucky and get one's that are working. If not, I myself am going to Florida in December (82 days to be exact) so would I be able to exchange my iPods then if they're faulty?

7. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

Some companies only honor a warranty for the country it was sold in. So if you purchased an item in the US, you would have to go through any warranty claims through the US authorized sellers.