Was $400 the subsidized price for 1st iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by loskickking23, Jul 1, 2008.

1. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

I got my iphone about 3 months ago.I paid $400 for the 8gig.At&t never told me if that was a subsidized price or not and i didnt care i just wanted the iphone.My acount says i am eligable for an upgrade.So what i wanted to know was $400 unsubsidized or subsidized pricing and if not why wasnt I offered the subsidized as a new customer.Even though now im glad i wasnt but I still want to know how they pick and choose.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It was the unsubsidized pricing; you were not offered the subsidized pricing because AT&T did not subsidize the first iPhone for anyone.

3. 7on macrumors 601

7on

4. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

5. loskickking23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is that the reason everyone with the 1st gen iphone is eligable for an upgrade.I was a little confused due to some post on here with people having 1st iphone and not being elgible.What would make you not elgible if you have the 1st iphone.

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Nothing. ALL 2G iPhone accts are eligible for the 199/299 pricing. Some people are just stoopid and kant read and would rather bitch than use their energy to seek the true facts. ATT has said many times that original iPhone owner are welcome to upgrade @ subsidized pricing BUT a new contract will be required.

7. saxamoophone macrumors regular

Actually, it was still kind of "subsidized" to some extent.

AT&T was giving apple about $10 a month for each iPhone account. So in two years apple ended up with something around 600 for each phone.