iPad mini Was a 4gb IPad Mini ever produced?

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
iPad mini C ?

----------

I also could not find any references to the model number either.

MD490LL/A

Digital Skunk

macrumors 604
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
That would suck a bit, to have an iPad Mini with only 10 apps on it.

Then again, it'd be nice for the education or business market where an IT dept. would only want to deploy 20 or more iPad Mini C devices with only the set 10 - 20 apps and nothing more.

I do think it was made into a demo or something, or maybe even a hack/jailbreak since Apple doesn't make demo models.

By the way, I don't have my tablet with me, but I think iOS and the formatting takes up far more than 900MB.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
That would suck a bit, to have an iPad Mini with only 10 apps on it.

Then again, it'd be nice for the education or business market where an IT dept. would only want to deploy 20 or more iPad Mini C devices with only the set 10 - 20 apps and nothing more.

I do think it was a demo or something, or maybe even a hack/jailbreak.

By the way, I don't have my tablet with me, but I think iOS and the formatting takes up far more than 900MB.
Was thinking that these are possibly set up for a retail POS environment like the ones that are used in the apple store.

If they priced these correctly and released to the public I think it would make a mass murder killing.

Digital Skunk

macrumors 604
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Was thinking that these are possibly set up for a retail POS environment like the ones that are used in the apple store.

If they priced these correctly and released to the public I think it would make a mass murder killing.
Oh yes INDEED. An iPad Mini C /Reader /POS version priced at $229 would be SWEET.

I'd get a few and turn them into my production assistant notebooks and slates and what not.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
Oh yes INDEED. An iPad Mini C /Reader /POS version priced at $229 would be SWEET.

I'd get a few and turn them into my production assistant notebooks and slates and what not.
This would kill the kindle fire market. Basically enough room for books, light apps and small files.

Interesting no rumors of this type of apple product have surfaced on the internet yet.

At $200 I think would be the sweet spot but knowing apple they would want to put a premium price, $220-$250.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
I have a nearly identical one (including a very similar serial number: F4GJJ6HDF637). Same capacity, iOS and all.

eyeseeyou, did you ever find out more about yours?
Nope. Some random guy in the bay area was selling them on CL.