iPad mini Was anyone able to purchase an rMini by walk in?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ronaldcastillo, Nov 15, 2013.

1. ronaldcastillo macrumors 6502a

Is Apple retail stores only letting personal pick-up to get an iPad mini through the store or will they allow you to buy one by walking in?

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i tried on wednesday but was told i needed to purchase online for in store pickup.

3. comatose81 macrumors 6502a

Thanks for making a new thread 5 minutes after someone else just made one about the same thing.

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Call your Apple store.

5. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I walked in, and was told to go over to one of the iMacs and place my order online, wait 20 minutes to an hour, and they'd get it for me. Lol. I thanked the salesperson for their time and for the info. Good thing I already had an online order on its way (which I just got today). The new mini retina is awesome.

6. A0425A macrumors newbie

Walked into my local Best Buy yesterday and asked. They said 16 or 32 or 64GB? I said 16 please. They had more than a handful left.

7. Ann P macrumors 68020

8. I-Bot macrumors member

I-Bot

I've been having a difficult decision right now, I would love to get a Retina Mini but I currently own an iPad Air and I just can't justify getting both. I have been leaning towards getting the rMini because I feel personally that it is more beneficial and it's cheaper getting one like for example if I exchanged my 32GB iPad Air, I would have extra money left over if I purchased a iPad Mini W/Retina 32GB for accessories and other things. I could just exchange my iPad Air for a Mini with an Apple Store Gift Card and use Personal Pick-Up but I want to wait until I can just walk in the store and do a fly out exchange and get that extra money back, I've been calling numerous stores and all of them don't allow walk-in sales yet, good thing is I have until January 7th so hopefully soon, I will be able to do straight exchange in store.

9. funkeruski macrumors regular

My local best buy had stacks of wifi only mini retinas. Too bad I need an LTE.

10. Ann P macrumors 68020

Whether you should keep the Air or get the Mini is up to you :confused:... but exchanging shouldn't be an issue.

11. I-Bot macrumors member

I-Bot

I know exchanging isn't an issue but the issue is I'd have to exchange for an Apple Store Gift Card, use that on the Online Website and have the remaining balance on the Gift Card, I'd rather have the remaining balance with me and not on the Gift Card, so I wanna wait until I can walk in and pick it up.

12. bambooshots macrumors 6502a