Was anyone else able to use their upgrade twice last night?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cscottrun, Sep 12, 2014.

  1. Cscottrun macrumors 6502

    Oct 8, 2011
    Tried Apple's site at 3 am. No go for a good hour. Around 4 am, I logged into ATT premier, and since I was only interested in the 6, I was still able to place an order with a 9/19 delivery date. The page gave me a confirmation number and I was satisfied, although at the time, I had not received a confirmation email. At some point within the next half hour, the Apple store went back up, and to my surprise, the line was still upgrade eligible. I purchased another iPhone at the discounted price. Apple immediately sent me a confirmation email. About 30 minutes later, I received my confirmation email from ATT Premier.

    Something similar happen to anyone else?
  2. bribri99 macrumors regular

    Sep 3, 2014
    happened to me too...wondering if i should cancel something, especialyl since ATT's says a later shipping date.
  3. Cscottrun thread starter macrumors 6502

    Oct 8, 2011
    Why would you cancel? Lol.
  4. bribri99 macrumors regular

    Sep 3, 2014
    because Apple still says processing and I wonder if it will hit a snag cuz of ATT
  5. Cscottrun thread starter macrumors 6502

    Oct 8, 2011
    Either way, one of them is going to ship...so why not just let it play out?

    Edit: Also, pretty sure Apple's order status page typically sits on processing until like Tuesday.
  6. Dabearfan101 macrumors newbie

    Sep 19, 2012
    Same thing happened to me. I ordered 6+ from ATT, got confirmation email. Was able to order through the Apple store APP about an hour-2 later, got a confirmation email. I just canceled my order through ATT this morning. I think its more likely both orders would get canceled instead of you getting 2 iphones at contract price.
  7. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502a


    Feb 7, 2006
    I called this morning and canceled the AT&T order. I had both but didn't want there to be any problems.
  8. Cscottrun thread starter macrumors 6502

    Oct 8, 2011
    This has happened to me before, at least one of them ships. I was just curious if it happened to anyone else this time around because it seemed like a major screw up.
  9. kupkakez macrumors 68000


    Apr 4, 2011
    With AT&T if 2 upgrades are submitted 1 will get cancelled out on it's own.
  10. Radiating macrumors 65816

    Dec 29, 2011
    Had the same thing happen to me, except I have more than one line and actually WANT more than one phone, and was trying to order more than one. I'm still seeing the upgrade available on my second line.

    Will AT&T really cancel the order?
  11. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

    Mar 30, 2011
    Same thing happened to me. I ordered via AT&T premier then through the Apple Store. I just called AT&T to see what's up and they said that my AT&T order shows canceled in their system but it will take 24 hours for it to update on my end. I'm REALLY hoping the Apple order is still active and that both didn't cancel each other. Guess I have to call Apple now to confirm.
  12. LoloBond macrumors 6502

    Nov 21, 2011
    Once the first order ships they upgrade will post and the second order will either be put on hold or get cancelled.... if you get both order and they dont charge your card for the extra money you're a lucky son of gun :p
  13. rustyosaurus macrumors regular

    Jun 13, 2009
    same exact thing happened to me. i was going to wait until i got the email from ATT to try and cancel. i did get the email but then earlier this morning got another from ATT saying my order was canceled because i wasn't eligible for the upgrade. i only had one line eligible for the upgrade.

    so problem solved. hopefully the apple order sticks.
  14. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

    Jun 5, 2007
    keep trying. on the 5th or 6th try i got put on hold. however, i've been waiting for an hour and i'm still on hold.

Share This Page