Was anyone else waiting for a 13" now considering getting a 15"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lionheartednyhc, Apr 13, 2010.

  1. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

    lionheartednyhc

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2009
    #1
    Argh. Ive been wanting a 13" but seeing as how it was ignored and the 15" got all the nice features Im torn. Anyone else in the same boat? I can't decide whether its worth it or not.

    Edit: use will be CS4 (maybe CS5!), aperture and hopefully some gaming...
     
  2. tikidoc macrumors regular

    tikidoc

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2010
    #2
    I think that is exactly what Apple had planned. Crap update for the 13" to get people to spend the extra 50% for the 15". I'm reconsidering sticking with Windows, personally.
     
  3. Kavier macrumors 6502a

    Kavier

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2010
    Location:
    Raleigh, NC
    #3
    Yes, I wanted an i5 13" w/ a matte screen. Now, I am going for an i5 15" w/ a matte screen. I just can't wait till the Fall to see if the 13" gets updated. I have a feeling it will never be on par with the 15" or 17" anyway which makes no sense to me. Doesn't Apple realize some of us would like POWER and PORTABILITY?!?!?
     
  4. strat001 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2010
    #4
    I did, but then I realised that all I really do is word processing, web surfing etc... and i like the battery life
     
  5. Austin00 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2010
    #5
    I definately am, As i can't order one at the moment due to the education store not working online or over the phone i'm sat here pricing up my finances for the next few months to see if i can afford it.

    The worrying thing is, is that i think i can.
     
  6. west80th macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2010
    #6
    Is Arrandale worth it?

    I too have always gone with the 13 inch model. But now I'm thinking twice. Can anyone out there tell me...

    Is getting an i5/i7 THAT much better than a core2 processor? Will I be glad I upgraded to 15 incher?
     
  7. breathesrain macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2010
    #7
    I'm waiting until they start the back to school discount, and if the 13" doesn't have at least an i5 by then. I'll get the base 15" with a resolution upgrade. This is all coming out of my college fund, so I can afford it now; it just means more debt later :D

    As an aside, I would think they'll update the 13" as soon as Apple can figure out a solution for the whole integrated graphics bit. It's not like the iX processors make more heat or anything, so it's obviously the graphics issue that's why the 13 has a core 2 duo- apple can't give it non-intel integrated graphics if it has an iX processor.

    So, that means the 13 will be updated fairly soon. The question is- how soon?

    For me, past the end of May is too late. It's just not worth what it costs, at the moment.

    *imagines the 13" with dedicated graphics* @.@
     
  8. PFDarkside macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2010
    #8
    Absolutely. The resolution of the 13" is what is making my decision tough, and now that the "base" 15" includes a GPU and can be upgraded to an even higher res screen, it's looking like the best choice...
     

Share This Page