Was exchanging your "faulty" MBP 13" for another due to screen problems a success?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spaceboots06, Jun 16, 2009.

1. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Good morning,

After a side by side comparison between a "faulty" MBP 13"'s screen and an "accurate" one I've decided that I want my $1,200 computer to be "accurate" when it comes to displaying greens, blues and browns. There has been at least three threads on color problems so I won't gripe about them here but I'm past the phase of dealing with it.

So I've created this thread asking the people who've swapped out/ repaired/ whatevered their MBP 13" to step forward and tell me what happened. Did your screen look the same, did it look better, did it look...worse? They won't let me swap it out in the store because I bought it online so before spending 45 minutes with a rep and then around a week getting it exchanged/ fixed I think it would be a good idea to get some feedback from people who have went through this.

So, any experiences?

Thanks.

As of right now I have the 9CBD (LG/Phillips). I'm experiencing the typical "problems" everyone else is.

2. spaceboots06 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Also, if you can, please tell me what kind of color problems you experienced.

Thanks!

3. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Dude, I don't mean any disrespect okay but the 13"MBP was just announced a week ago and people are just starting to get theirs namely me. In less than a week you are starting a thread about people returning their 13"MBP due to faulty screen problems. Not everybody has issues and it's really negative to start a thread like this assuming people are automatically gonna get faulty computers out of the box right after the release date.

4. spaceboots06 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

I cannot argue with you but I'm certain that there is a fair number of people who have already experienced problems...

5. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

TRANSLATION: I cannot argue with you, but here's my arguement.

Haha.

To answer your question, I've always experienced AppleCare to be very responsive, more responsive even than the in store Genius'.