Was gifted a watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Prozak0820, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Prozak0820 macrumors 6502

Prozak0820

i just got an Apple Watch for my high school graduation gift. SSSB 42mm. And I gotta say it's heavy But I'll get used to it. I was wearing a Fitbit charge before so maybe that's why I thing the Apple Watch is heavy. And the sport band is actually very soft. Over all I enjoy it

2. Birddog1 macrumors member

Birddog1

Congratulations on your graduation and your gift. You will adapt to the weight. I have the same Watch and the same band. I also have an Apple nylon band and a knock off Milanese. They are great devices and I'm sure you will get very attached to it.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Agreed. When I first got the stainless model, I noticed the weight right away. And I thought I wouldn't adjust do it. But within days, I didn't realize it was on my wrist anymore. It doesn't take long at all.

4. Smoovejayy macrumors regular

I just received an aluminum space black 42mm watch. Not sure what to think of it yet.

5. Prozak0820 thread starter macrumors 6502

Prozak0820

Thank you :) I already am haha. Probably going to get a knock off milanese too. And a white sport band
    --- Post Merged, Feb 23, 2017 ---
    That's good to know :)

6. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

The SS version is much heavier than the sport but it is much nicer to look at. Congratulations on your graduation and your new watch! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine. The sport bands are great and are very soft; the nylon bands are comfortable, light and very breathable; but my absolute favorite band is my knockoff milanese. I got it for a Christmas present and it was purchased off of Amazon, I love this thing!

7. Prozak0820 thread starter macrumors 6502

Prozak0820

I'm probably going to get a knock off milanese. My dad bought the official one and it was €200 I'm not spending that on mine lol

8. Prozak0820 thread starter macrumors 6502

Prozak0820

The battery life on this is amazing. I've gotten through yesterday and today without charging and I wore it to bed. And I'm only at 50% and I played with it a bit. Messaged people. Get notifications. I'm loving it.

9. Swisspo macrumors 6502

Swisspo

First off, congratulations on your graduation! I'm on Series 2 42mm Sport Now, & have been an owner since day 1 of the first gen model. It quickly became that device that I would feel totally awkward without. I love all of the instant notifications just at the glance of my wrist, without having to undo my iPhone from my OtterBox belt clip. My Series 2 was defective upon unboxing. Went without for a couple days for the repair, and it just wasn't the same not having it on.

10. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

You can even manage the battery mire by reducing the haptic feedback, brightness and turning off Hey Siri if you so choose as well.

11. Prozak0820 thread starter macrumors 6502

Prozak0820

It would help extend the life but I like bright screens and the higher feedback lol

12. SoN1NjA macrumors 68000

SoN1NjA

does not commpute

Congratulations OP on graduating, and the watch

did anybody else not notice a weight difference? It felt like it did before (42 alu to 38 link) if I feel them side to side then yes but not wearing them no difference