Was gifted a watch

Prozak0820

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2015
Tampa, Florida
i just got an Apple Watch for my high school graduation gift. SSSB 42mm. And I gotta say it's heavy But I'll get used to it. I was wearing a Fitbit charge before so maybe that's why I thing the Apple Watch is heavy. And the sport band is actually very soft. Over all I enjoy it

Reactions: xDKP

Birddog1

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2016
Ohio
i just got an Apple Watch for my high school graduation gift. SSSB 42mm. And I gotta say it's heavy But I'll get used to it. I was wearing a Fitbit charge before so maybe that's why I thing the Apple Watch is heavy. And the sport band is actually very soft. Over all I enjoy it
Congratulations on your graduation and your gift. You will adapt to the weight. I have the same Watch and the same band. I also have an Apple nylon band and a knock off Milanese. They are great devices and I'm sure you will get very attached to it.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Congratulations on your graduation and your gift. You will adapt to the weight. I have the same Watch and the same band. I also have an Apple nylon band and a knock off Milanese. They are great devices and I'm sure you will get very attached to it.
Agreed. When I first got the stainless model, I noticed the weight right away. And I thought I wouldn't adjust do it. But within days, I didn't realize it was on my wrist anymore. It doesn't take long at all.

Prozak0820

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2015
Tampa, Florida
Thank you :) I already am haha. Probably going to get a knock off milanese too. And a white sport band
[doublepost=1487907581][/doublepost]
Agreed. When I first got the stainless model, I noticed the weight right away. And I thought I wouldn't adjust do it. But within days, I didn't realize it was on my wrist anymore. It doesn't take long at all.
That's good to know :)

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
The SS version is much heavier than the sport but it is much nicer to look at. Congratulations on your graduation and your new watch! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine. The sport bands are great and are very soft; the nylon bands are comfortable, light and very breathable; but my absolute favorite band is my knockoff milanese. I got it for a Christmas present and it was purchased off of Amazon, I love this thing!

Prozak0820

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2015
Tampa, Florida
The SS version is much heavier than the sport but it is much nicer to look at. Congratulations on your graduation and your new watch! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine. The sport bands are great and are very soft; the nylon bands are comfortable, light and very breathable; but my absolute favorite band is my knockoff milanese. I got it for a Christmas present and it was purchased off of Amazon, I love this thing!
I'm probably going to get a knock off milanese. My dad bought the official one and it was €200 I'm not spending that on mine lol

Prozak0820

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2015
Tampa, Florida
The battery life on this is amazing. I've gotten through yesterday and today without charging and I wore it to bed. And I'm only at 50% and I played with it a bit. Messaged people. Get notifications. I'm loving it.

Swisspo

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2015
Ohio
First off, congratulations on your graduation! I'm on Series 2 42mm Sport Now, & have been an owner since day 1 of the first gen model. It quickly became that device that I would feel totally awkward without. I love all of the instant notifications just at the glance of my wrist, without having to undo my iPhone from my OtterBox belt clip. My Series 2 was defective upon unboxing. Went without for a couple days for the repair, and it just wasn't the same not having it on.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
The battery life on this is amazing. I've gotten through yesterday and today without charging and I wore it to bed. And I'm only at 50% and I played with it a bit. Messaged people. Get notifications. I'm loving it.
You can even manage the battery mire by reducing the haptic feedback, brightness and turning off Hey Siri if you so choose as well.

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
the pool
an aluminum space black 42mm watch
does not commpute

Congratulations OP on graduating, and the watch

did anybody else not notice a weight difference? It felt like it did before (42 alu to 38 link) if I feel them side to side then yes but not wearing them no difference

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.