Was going to get the X then got 7 instead

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fitcious, Oct 2, 2017.

1. fitcious macrumors member

I am currently using a IP6, 64gig...and was pretty confident that I was going to get the X 256gig, even though the price tag was hard to swallow...but out of the blue, Tmobile had the IP7 256gig for $600 with $300 trade in for my 6, which makes the 7 $300!

I settled on the JetBlack IP7 and although it doesn't have dual lens, wireless charging and lacking AR horsepower, the price is hard to beat.

2. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

You can easily add wireless charging if you use a case for your Ip7. Ebay has lots of receivers that use a very thin coil with a lightning plug. Not more than about $10. You put it in and put the case on. I use it for my IP7 with a stand up charger. Only downside is you have to pull it out for headphones or use bluetooth.

3. shooter03 macrumors regular

shooter03

can't beat that price mate. good on ya!

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The iPhone 7 doesn't feel dated at all when compared to the iPhone 8, even with the latest update with iOS 11, with the exception of the capabilities you listed and Tru-Tone. There are a lot of great sale prices right now and you happen to find one.

5. pdxmatts, Oct 2, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2017

pdxmatts macrumors 68000

pdxmatts

Smart choice! Way to go!

6. Reno Raines macrumors 65816

iPhone 7 is a great phone and will be for the foreseeable future.

7. Handsome Bacon macrumors regular

Handsome Bacon

I'm not seeing this one their website other than a trade offer for the 128GB models and a "bill credit". And I don't want a "bill credit" either. Is this an in-store thing?

8. blairian89 macrumors 6502

blairian89

That's a great deal that you snagged there. Congrats!

I have been looking around for good deals on the 7 or 7+ 256GB while they're around. Not many left it seems.

9. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I tried this for a few days and abandoned. The coil only though with my own case. Just wasn’t worth it having to do the tear down to charge while using the device and such

10. staggerlee41 macrumors 6502a

staggerlee41

Congratulations on your new iPhone, here's hoping it serves you well until you're ready to make the next purchase. If you ask me, wireless charging is overrated. I have the 8+ and at this point, don't plan on using it. With the deal you got, it'd be pretty hard to pass up the 7.

11. FunkyTang macrumors 6502a

12. blairian89 macrumors 6502

blairian89

And for less than half the retail cost...

He made a sensible and intelligent decision. The 7 is still a great phone.

13. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

It does have AR horsepower, AR is compatible with the a9 and up. The 7 has the a10 which is quite a bit more powerful than the a9.

14. fitcious thread starter macrumors member

I was really tempted to go X but this was much too great of a deal to pass up.

Although I am 12 months late to the game, I avoid the depreciation of the initial year and confident I can resell this phone without losing too much after 1.5 years, if I decide to go with the future new one. I think there will be a demand for a 256 gig phone

And quite honestly, I can still use the saved money and buy Apple stocks- still Apple product right? Lol

15. fitcious thread starter macrumors member

I did it in store and it’s a bill credit thing. I’m ok with it since Tmo has been great and I’ve been with them for a good decade.

16. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Tmo is great. Now you have me thinking of considering the iPhone 7... look what you made me do

..decisions decisions..