Was having trouble but ordered

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone82, Sep 9, 2016.

1. iPhone82 macrumors member

iPhone82

I kept selecting ATT iPhone from the carrier but it kept asking for my SSN and billing address. I'm on a pre paid phone so after trying for several minutes i went with T-Mobile since i figured it would be the same GSM phone. And it worked!

iPhone 7 128 Jet Black!
    --- Post Merged, Sep 9, 2016 ---
    For those who bought phone outright did you guys select T-Mobile? I'm not on a contract, but i use AT&T

2. unclefarkus macrumors member

this was good advice, thank you
    i use cricket and was struggling to order one because of this. why can't you just buy one anyways?

this cost me 2-3 weeks of waiting but oh well. maybe it'll go down.
    thanks again

3. iPhone82 thread starter macrumors member

iPhone82

Yeah if you ordered the 7+ then everyone got the same later date. I ordered 7 standard

4. Bigserver1 macrumors regular

I was able to get one appointment, and one new IUP ordered online. Was hoping to do one appointment for two phones but it was impossible.

I also tried to do an upgrade for my wife through the Apple Store app, but it wouldn't let me do that either. Ultimately told me "we can't verify your information", and that they wouldn't approve the second loan in her name.

Was able to get a Black 128 GB Plus saying delivered on the 16th for me, and I have an appointment to get a 128 GB Silver Plus in store on the 16th for my wife. I guess I'll take both the hard pulls. You'd think Citizens would make this slightly easier on people, but alas. Hopefully this all works out, since technically the Silver is on my number and the black is a new IUP account (also through me). I'm sure I can switch switch the sims, but what a PITA.

5. iPhone82 thread starter macrumors member

iPhone82

6. Bigserver1 macrumors regular

Yeah I'd say it "worked" for me. Amazingly all of the appointments for both Black models were instantly unavailable but for the IUP shipped directly to me it was still there for Matte Black on the 16th. I still despise the way they've set this up (family ordering, anyone??), but I am trying to make it work as best as I can lol.

7. unclefarkus macrumors member

it was at september 26 when i first tried to buy it :(