Was hoping for an A6 processor: Here me out

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Woodcrest64, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Woodcrest64 macrumors 65816

Woodcrest64

I have he original iPad and I do enjoy it still for casual web browsing but my biggest complaint that I have about it is the performance with loading web pages. The iPad 2 improved on this with the A5 processor but I was hoping with the New iPad that this would be improved upon greatly.

I know the quad core graphics does help with games and other media aspects but from what I have seen so far from the initial impressions is that the New iPad loads pages pretty much on par with the iPad 2.

The screen on the iPad 3 is awesome don't get me wrong but I'd like something as fast as my Macs in terms of loading websites.

Does anyone else feel the same?

2. RyanG macrumors 6502

3. aka777 macrumors 6502a

It's going to be 3 to 5 years before arm processors come even close to this.

You also have to remember that modern browser rely on GPU acceleration.

4. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

I agree that they didn't really do enough to the CPU "while they were in there"

5. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

What really makes the difference between the 1 and 3 iPad is the ram and not the processor.

6. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

It's too early. Technology simply isn't ready yet. In the second half of 2012 and in the first half of 2013, companies will be moving to the Cortex A15 architecture (for their processors) which should give us an extreme bump in performance at lower clockspeeds...