Was hoping for an A6 processor: Here me out

Woodcrest64

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
I have he original iPad and I do enjoy it still for casual web browsing but my biggest complaint that I have about it is the performance with loading web pages. The iPad 2 improved on this with the A5 processor but I was hoping with the New iPad that this would be improved upon greatly.

I know the quad core graphics does help with games and other media aspects but from what I have seen so far from the initial impressions is that the New iPad loads pages pretty much on par with the iPad 2.

The screen on the iPad 3 is awesome don't get me wrong but I'd like something as fast as my Macs in terms of loading websites.

Does anyone else feel the same?

aka777

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
It's going to be 3 to 5 years before arm processors come even close to this.

You also have to remember that modern browser rely on GPU acceleration.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
I have he original iPad and I do enjoy it still for casual web browsing but my biggest complaint that I have about it is the performance with loading web pages. The iPad 2 improved on this with the A5 processor but I was hoping with the New iPad that this would be improved upon greatly.

I know the quad core graphics does help with games and other media aspects but from what I have seen so far from the initial impressions is that the New iPad loads pages pretty much on par with the iPad 2.

The screen on the iPad 3 is awesome don't get me wrong but I'd like something as fast as my Macs in terms of loading websites.

Does anyone else feel the same?
It's too early. Technology simply isn't ready yet. In the second half of 2012 and in the first half of 2013, companies will be moving to the Cortex A15 architecture (for their processors) which should give us an extreme bump in performance at lower clockspeeds...