Was I dreaming ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PaddyBadaBing, Feb 13, 2008.

1. PaddyBadaBing macrumors newbie

Hi all, I got my Itouch (16GB) about 3 weeks ago, and I love it. Upgraded the week after I got it, and have added a few new icons to the home screen - web links to good sites.

I had the Itouch on the bed side locker the other morning when my alarm went off, and I as I stabbed at the clock, the Itouch fell to the floor. I quickly picked it up in fear that I had broken the glass screen. Thankfully I had not. However for a few seconds after I picked it, I swore that all the icons on the home screen were moving about (kind of tilting) each with a small x in the top left of the icon. After a few seconds it stopped. I've never seen it do this before or since..... was I still asleep, or is this some feature I'm not aware of ??? I searched this forum and I can't find anything like it.

Thanks for your help.

2. Zupparello macrumors newbie

that is the "personalize home" function... you have to touch one of the icon for one second or two and then you can move any icon you want, to finish u push the home button.. ;)

3. HeavenlyYeti macrumors member

HeavenlyYeti

True. It was an honest mistake. I can picture your reaction to the shaky buttons. :D

4. PaddyBadaBing thread starter macrumors newbie

Great

Wow, Cool ! It works.

Thanks for that. Now I know I wasn't dreaming.

:D

5. Jin666 macrumors member

6. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Hahahaha I can see why that would freak you out. People at macworld were also laughing at the idea that the icons would jiggle like that.

7. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

LOL, wanna hear something really weird?

I unlocked my touch while a video was paused and that volume indicator that appears on the iPhone when you use the buttons on the side to adjust the volume appeared. Apparently there is a bit of extra code in the iPod Touch firmware somewhere, eh?

8. telf22 macrumors regular