Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaddyBadaBing

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Ireland
Hi all, I got my Itouch (16GB) about 3 weeks ago, and I love it. Upgraded the week after I got it, and have added a few new icons to the home screen - web links to good sites.

I had the Itouch on the bed side locker the other morning when my alarm went off, and I as I stabbed at the clock, the Itouch fell to the floor. I quickly picked it up in fear that I had broken the glass screen. Thankfully I had not. However for a few seconds after I picked it, I swore that all the icons on the home screen were moving about (kind of tilting) each with a small x in the top left of the icon. After a few seconds it stopped. I've never seen it do this before or since..... was I still asleep, or is this some feature I'm not aware of ??? I searched this forum and I can't find anything like it.

Thanks for your help.

Zupparello

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2007
that is the "personalize home" function... you have to touch one of the icon for one second or two and then you can move any icon you want, to finish u push the home button.. ;)

HeavenlyYeti

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2008
U.S.A.
that is the "personalize home" function... you have to touch one of the icon for one second or two and then you can move any icon you want, to finish u push the home button.. ;)

True. It was an honest mistake. I can picture your reaction to the shaky buttons. :D

BrownManUPS

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Denver
Hahahaha I can see why that would freak you out. People at macworld were also laughing at the idea that the icons would jiggle like that.

pismodude2

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
MacWorld
LOL, wanna hear something really weird?

I unlocked my touch while a video was paused and that volume indicator that appears on the iPhone when you use the buttons on the side to adjust the volume appeared. Apparently there is a bit of extra code in the iPod Touch firmware somewhere, eh?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.