Was I sold the right MacBook Air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ryan101, Dec 11, 2013.

1. ryan101 macrumors member

I am just curious to get the answer to this question:

When was the MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2013) model available for purchase in stores?

I ask because I just realised that I bought an 11inch MacBook Air in August 2013 but I was sold 2012. I thought I was buying the latest MacBook Air. I now realise that I have less than 5 hours battery life (on average about 3.5) when I could have had the 2013 model with 9 hours battery life.

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Ooops. :(

Once the new model comes out, it doesn't mean they immediately stop selling the old one. Have you correlated your 5-digit model# stamped on the back of the case for a precise identification of your machine?

3. robvas macrumors 68020

4. dan1eln1el5en macrumors 6502

dan1eln1el5en

About my Mac - More info, it states there what model it is, no need to post anything, just look it up.

e.g. mine says:
    Mac mini Server
    mid 2011

5. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

Yes it does. The day the new units arrive in the store they no longer sell the older models unless the "business" teams are running some kind of special discount. The online store is also updated to reflect only the new models. I've never witnessed a case otherwise and I'm almost always at the store day 1 to pick up a new model.

There was obviously a mistake here. The OP also said he purchased in August, which I believe was several months after release of the update for 2013.

6. halledise macrumors 65816

Hamilton Island, Whitsundays, QLD Australia
    take it back to exchange for the current model that you thought you were purchasing.
    advise Apple Customer Service by phone so that there's a record of your 'complaint'.

let us know how you fare …

7. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Or it could be something as simple as the "Maverick Battery Problem."

8. Robyr macrumors regular

Exactly what I was going to say. Do you have a 1.3GHz i5? It's a 2013. If it gets bad battery life, revert to Mountain Lion via Internet Recovery. Its basically the only option. I'll bet you find that your battery life throws down.

9. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

This would not happen at a apple store. however if you bought the laptop somewhere other then apple its entirely possible you could get a older model if they were vague when listing it.

10. blesscheese macrumors 6502a

blesscheese

a) where did you buy it from,
    b) post what is in your "About This Mac" under the Apple Menu,
    & c) make sure you aren't one of the 2013 MBA's afflicted by the Mavericks battery issues.