Was it this much complaining with 1st iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by loskickking23, Jul 15, 2008.

1. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

I am kind of new to mac rumors so I don't know what the complaints were like on the 1st iPhone.I got the 1st iphone just 3 months ago that's when I started coming on here and reading the threads.I didn't see much complaining but I was also late to the site.I upgraged to the white 16 gb and love it.I actually like it better than the 1st gen.I just wanted to know if the 1st gen had this many complaints and I just missed the complaining.and if so will the complaining of the 3g just pass by and people begin to love this one too.

2. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

No, because there weren't as many buyers at $499/$599.

Then there was the price drop - more complaints.

Then the bad screen - more complaints.

Now, with many, many more buyers - tons more complaints...

I'm complaining about the complaining.... :eek:

3. newyorksole macrumors 68020

Everyone that had the first iPhone complained about lack of 3G and GPS, now that it is on the iPhone, there are still complaints. There will always be complaints. I think the iPhone 3G is great even though I don't own it yet.

The only things that need to happen are:
    Addition of video recording
    Addition of copy/paste
    More stable 2.0 software

4. loskickking23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I didn't look at it that way, it is Lot more buyers.I am also tired of the Complaining.I want to here more good things about the phone.I have been enjoying mine every since I got mine.

5. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

There were a few main complaints with the first one:

Most often, that Safari would exit unexpectedly. This was almost always solved with a reset. (For some reason, Apple is unable to figure out how to initialize a device.)

Less often, but not uncommon, were complaints about low volume, bad pixels, bubbles in the glass, and dead touchscreen strips.

But there were no complaints about slow UI, etc, like we're seeing now.

For myself, I'm really upset that I upgraded my iPod touch. It used to perfectly and silently hook into WiFi spots every time. Now it loses connection if it's been off for a while, the browser landscape-portrait movement is as jerky as WinMo sometimes, etc. I should've known better and waited for a while.

6. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I think also it's that the expectations are so high. I mean we call it the Jesus Phone for crying out loud!! And we all love it. I promise we do, but people will ALWAYS be able to find things to nitpick about. We already knew coming in that it would be an amazing phone, especially because many of us have had one for a year. And now we expected beyond perfection.

Plus it is WAY easier to come on a thread to ask questions about problems/complain than give praise. That's just how people work. You hear people complain about being sick much more often than they are about about being well, and yet most people are well more often than they are sick. We just don't talk about it like that.

7. BASE91 macrumors member

There were complaints but it was a learning experience for everyone who got the 1st version. I think the expectations of 3G were too high. After seeing the pricing and reviews from the media a few days it was released I wasn't convinced to upgrade.

8. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

People expect a working device, at least as well as the previous model.

9. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

More complaints than you can shake a negative black, non MMS'ing, no copy and pasting, lack of removable batterying, not available outside USA'ing, not open to other carriers-ing, and on and on anon ad nauseum....

10. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

first iPhone took 74 days to sell a million.

3G iphone took 3 days to sell a million. Lot more people trying to access, use, learn in a short period of time.

Off Topic-When will they fix the picture messaging with other phones?

11. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

The first few weeks of the iPhone was absolutely crazy

I felt like I was reading a forum full of girls who had just gotten broken up with

Some days everyone is doing great, other days everyone is doing terrible. Some days the phone is the best ever, others it is the most over-rated piece of electronics ever made

:eek:

12. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

lol

13. alFR macrumors 68020

New product = complaints on here e.g.

MBP - screens.
    Macbook - casings, RSS.
    Original iPhone - reception, negative black screens.

Yet despite all that, most people who buy the stuff are perfectly happy and they all keep selling by the shedload. Strange, isn't it? ;)

14. loskickking23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Does the 3g iphone not do something the last iphone did.What does it not do as well as the 1st gen.mine actually does better to me.Also any 3g phone I have ever owned battery died alot faster.Its almost like people are looking for something to complain about.

15. BASE91 macrumors member

There are things I still complain about regarding my 2G iPhone (ahem Bluetooth), but man, I am glad I didn't get a 3G...I have a feeling the next rev will be worth the wait. 3G was put out to satisfy the masses and play to the hype.

16. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

oh man you want complaints, try digging up the archive forums from mid 2005 when we all were waiting for PowerBook G5's. Literally, every tuesday there would be 1000 new posts about how upset we all were. Dammit i'm still waiting.

17. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

and for old iphone users. We are over the "Wow" factor.

18. kleo macrumors regular

this fourm is filled with Apple die hards that idolize the brand like crazy. So when apple doesn't meet their overly-inflated idealistic vision for what a device should be they flip out.
    :apple: