Was it worth it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleSJ511606, Sep 28, 2007.

1. AppleSJ511606 macrumors member

My main question to all of you, is that is it worth upgrading to 1.1.1 and losing all of your 3rd party apps? Is the stability really that quicker? Are the earpieces also getting louder for us "rock stars"?

Just all in all, was it worth upgrading to 1.1.1 and losing some fun, playful, [especially] colorful apps?

BTW, SHOULD I upgrade my iTunes? :p

2. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

I think that will vary... depending on ones needs. It seems there are two very polarized groups on this right now.

If you use ATT AND don't need the 3rd party apps, probably happy. If you use T-Mo, probably not.

And no matter where you come down, if you wanted GPS, Video recorder, iChat or whatever, you are DEFINITELY not happy.

3. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Upgrade iTunes? What upgrade?

4. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

there was a windows update to 7.4.3.1 maybe that's what he is referring to.

5. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

What was updated on the windows side?

6. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

Sorry I have no idea.

7. AppleSJ511606 thread starter macrumors member

sorry, i guess i shouldve mentioned that i'm still at 7.4.0

8. jasonsmith macrumors member

According to the discussion forums on Apple's site, not many are seeing a volume increase at all with the speaker phone or ear piece. But... you don't usually here from those that are content.

Give them a read to get a good idea.

9. vega07 macrumors 65816

Instead of obvious answers like this, those who did update should just state their thoughts and feelings. :D I think this is what the OP wants and I sure am interested in hearing others discuss their thoughts and feelings as well.

10. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

That's just it; it's an obvious answer. We can spout our opinions, but they have little relevance to the OP because his or her needs are unique. I think it's just as important to point out the "obvious" - lest we forget it - as it is to post opinions.

11. AppleSJ511606 thread starter macrumors member

essentially, ya. I just upgraded and notice a MAJOR difference. As far as I'm concerned, it's a good tradeoff from games to performance.

12. bentup macrumors member

The speaker is louder (and distorts with some music... the speaker can really only handle so much), you can double tap space and home, and it still crashes if you move too fast between some apps...

PERSONALLY, I wish I did not update. I miss summer board and my ever present background. I miss bugging my friends with pointless proof of concept apps, and I miss checking installer ever 20 ***** minutes. I was the guinea pig for my house and installed as soon as the update was released. I know I had a choice, and it would have been better to wait and not be an "isheep" or whatever, but really. It is snappier I SWEARZ!

If "snappiness" is worth it to you, by all means, update. If you are ok with waiting the extra milliseconds to have a plethora of useful 3rd party apps, wait awhile.

13. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

Yah I agree with everything he said. But I think all in all I'm happy I updated.