Was JB'd, now officially unlocked but no Push

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TWHH, Jan 8, 2010.

1. TWHH macrumors regular

Hi,

I was JB'd and unlocked on my 3GS. T'was a UK O2 PAYG phone running an Orange SIM.

I've since had it officially unlocked by O2 via their unlocking service.

Part of that was restoring to a 'legit' iPhone OS via iTunes. After some authorisation issues with my apps - don't get me started ont hat one - I thought I'd be able to get Push notifications. Apple's servers know I have a legitimately unlocked phone - I got a 'Congratulations your phone is now unlocked' message in iTunes! And Orange are now an official carrier in the UK.

So why am I not getting Push? Did the jailbreak and Ultrsn0w leave some trace that Apple can still smell on me?

Thanks

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Did you set up a new or restore to backup ? If the latter, could be a JB holdover.

3. TWHH thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your reply.

I restored to a backup as I wanted to preserve my app settings. But as I've lost all of them in the autorisation issue I had (now resolved have goe through multiple fixes and re-installation of a number of apps!), I guess I've got nothing to loose on restoring as a new phone...

I'll give it a go and post back.

Is it fair to assume that in theory, once one restores to a legit OS that Apple's servers will have no issues with your phone?

4. TWHH thread starter macrumors regular

A-ha... Magic. That did it.

Many thanks. After much blood sweat and tears I now appear to have a fully functioning, officially unlocked, Push enabled iPhone...

Many many thanks

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

It is more work to choose set up as new, but, it is the best way to go, every time.

Generally gives a trouble free restore or jailbreak.