Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hudzilla

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2007
England
My uncles, dogs, hairdressers, mother-in-laws, orthodontics, niece also said .......

People are funny.

P.S please never use 'y'all' ever again. Or you will fail at life.

Auzburner

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2008
Syracuse, NY - USA
I won't be very happy, I thought I would have another year before I would have that thought in the back of my mind when I get bored telling me to buy that new toy. It would piss me off pretty good! So far I don't think the G1 is much of a threat - I haven't seen it anywhere and it's not nearly as anticipated as the iPhone or given much press, so they may wait on that. And the Stainless Steel makes no sense. The purpose of the plastic was to give improved reception, I don't think they will go in the reverse when so many are complain about reception atm.

nick9191

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Britain
Stainless steel back = no.

Not only does the plastic look nicer it aids for better reception and durability.

32gb? Either before Christmas or in February to bump up sales.

Most likely after Christmas. Apple learned the hard way that your average retard, sorry consumer gets annoyed when you drop the price or update your products to early.

Bonds79

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2008
My uncles, dogs, hairdressers, mother-in-laws, orthodontics, niece also said .......

People are funny.

Dont kill the messenger!
Yall is a west coast US saying:D

Nde

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Even a 5th grader can tell you the 32 gb are coming soon. Its like 2007 Honda Accord, the manger is hinting you about the 2008 model is coming... don't tell anybody.

Rob Mclovin

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2008
I can believe the 32GB rumors. But they would never change it to a metal back. Metal blocks signals, which would mean more dropped calls, which would make no sense. The reason they dropped the metal back on the 3g.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Ask the people around the office espresso machine, they know all sorts of people at Apple.

Edit: Unless you are a PC shop, then their uncle will likely be Bill Gate's dog groomer.

kevingaffney

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2008
Does'nt bother me. 16gb iPhone greatest device ever and whenever 32 gb is available, I'll buy one and then 64 and then 128 and so on and on

Macisgr8

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2008
I'm going to be pissed if that is the case. I just bought a iPhone when I had a perfectly working phone and paid 300$ to cancel my contract. Sure I love an iPhone but I could of waited a month if a better model was comming out.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
i was just chatting with a apple district manager about college football and stuff when we started talking about new apple products.

At best, Apple store staff, including managers, only know about new products about a couple days or so before official launch, when they actually come through their loading dock. Other than that, all they have are rumors.

Same is true of most retail places.

I'm going to be pissed if that is the case. I just bought a iPhone when I had a perfectly working phone and paid 300$ to cancel my contract. Sure I love an iPhone but I could of waited a month if a better model was comming out.

Here's an exercise for you. The moment you walk out of a store with a peice of technology, consider it obsolete.

If you can't bear having obsolete tech, then don't buy it. Apple is always refreshing and revamping stuff. That doesn't change anything about what you bought though. Your phone still works. It still has a warranty. It'll still sync to iTunes and surf the web and do everything it was supposed to do when you bought it, and will continue doing so for some time. A new version, real or just rumor, doesn't change that.

If what you buy today doesn't have a feature you need, then return it, and ether get something that does, or wait for the new version. It could come out in November. It could come out in 2009. No one here or at the retail stores know for sure, despite reports to the contrary.

Better to say "y'all" and be thought a fool, than to say "fail" and remove all doubt.

iTeen

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2007
Washington
Dont kill the messenger!
Yall is a west coast US saying:D
Where the hell on the west coast have you heard that?

I thought it was more of a mid-west word.

And there is no way we will see anything but a storage boost on the iPhone till June/July

Doju

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Seriously? ...

And he would know how? High up executives would never tell him nor need to. He's full of ****.

thomahawk

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2008
Osaka, Japan
why would a apple manager talk about this to a customer
like isnt it suppose to be like a secret until apple themselves release it. i think the managers dont or shouldnt know the info and only the top dogs or the creators know the real truth not the manager

im not saying your lying but yea. anyways i'd like to see the old steel back on the phone again.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
don't think it's possible.
the back is plastic because it has to be, for signals

Mmm, no it doesn't. I have the original iPhone with a stainless case and the signals work pretty darn well. I've got 4 bars inside a building right now. My car's GPS device is in a metal case, so it doesn't require plastic. The signal *might* be "better," but it doesn't require plastic.

I would also add that the plastic is extremely fugly, especially the white. The white wouldn't be so bad if the front was white, but with the black front it looks like a two-tone car.

I hope the OP is right about the reversion back to stainless steel, but I doubt that info is very reliable. Apple tells NOBODY about their stuff coming out even in the next week. He could've mistaken "I think Apple will do this" for "Apple will do this." Happens a bunch.

Vivid.Inferno

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
Ottawa, ON

Haha, I'm going to be doing the same thing I think, only I'll be waiting for the 32gb. I have 16 gb of music right now, so the current iphone won't meet my needs. When they release one that does, I'll be snapping it up.

andreab35

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
USA
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

If a metal back comes back- it's an uh oh for people. I'm already experiencing the metal-blocking reception. :)

Dpatrick

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2008
I have a wife, two kids, two cats, a dog, and a Masters Degree. I say y'all. I haven't failed at life. Of course, y'all may have different standards wherever it is you live. :rolleyes: :p

But you live in Mississippi :p

Anyway back on topic, how would a metal back mess up the reception? Doesn't the original iphone have an aluminum back? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.