was looking to change keep the apple logo turned on during clam shell mode????

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bimal4, Feb 1, 2009.

1. bimal4 macrumors newbie

is there any kind of program that can help me as i have just bought 26" monitor for my mbp unibody and i kinda like the logo being turned on all da time !!!

2. vandozza macrumors 6502a

vandozza

the logo is lit up by the same backlight that drives the screen, it's probably not a good idea to have the monitor running unnecessarily.

it's probably not possible, but maybe someone else can help.

3. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

Do you want to keep it from sleeping and keep the logo lit or let it sleep and keep the logo lit?

if you want to keep it from sleeping and keep the logo lit you can use a program called InsomniaX, but if you want it to sleep and keep the logo lit I don't know of any program that does that, perhaps someone else does

4. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

I wouldn't do it. The machine already runs hot enough in clamshell mode. You're going to make it run even hotter if the display is on as well.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

As others have said there is probably a way to do it but your fascination with the logo will soon die and it will just become another annoying light.

6. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Get InsomniaX.

If you set up your MBP display to be your secondary display, and then disable display sleep and just leave the brightness up full. Then your Apple logo will stay lit.

7. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I've had two Macbook Pros and operate in clamshell mode daily with the machine sitting in the keyboard tray of my desk (whose top is made out of glass). I would love to be able to light up the :apple: but I think it would be easier for me to wire up a few L.E.D's than have my backlight eventually burn out.

8. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

5-10 year life span not good enough for you or something?

9. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

Make a night sky nightlight with a shoebox and a flashlight. Cut the bottom out of the shoebox. Cut a rectangle of black construction paper that is slightly bigger than the bottom of the shoebox. Use white chalk to draw a ":apple:" on the black paper-it or anything you wishes. You may want to write the name of the company on the drawing. Tape the picture onto the bottom of the shoebox, with the drawing facing out. Uses a sharpened pencil or push pin to poke holes along the lines of the drawing. Make the room as dark as possible and shine a flashlight through the shoebox to light up your :)apple:) constellation.

co-friendly and nature friendly

Save energy :apple:

10. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

link?

11. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

50,000 to 100,000 hours usage.

50,000/24/360 = ~ 5 years.
    100,000/24/360 = ~ 10 years.

Obviously that is constant use, so could be higher.

12. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

LED panels generate heat and running it on in clamshell will only kill it faster.

13. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Enough heat to make the whole top shell or even make it noticeably warmer?