Was "movie mode" ever instituted, and how does it work?

Kyle76

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2017
North Carolina
i assume there's some way to turn off the "raise to view" function, and use the crown to slowly illuminate the face?

Kyle76

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2017
North Carolina
Thanks. Odd that tapping the screen turns on a fully-lit display since it's so easy to inadvertently do. I like the crown function.

Last edited:

Fynd

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
You can use the crown to slowly illuminate the face on Series 2 watches. In combination with Theatre Mode, it's exactly what you're talking about.

SDColorado

Contributor
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
i assume there's some way to turn off the "raise to view" function, and use the crown to slowly illuminate the face?
You can turn off the "Wake Screen on Wrist Raise" function under General->Wake Screen and use only the "Wake Screen on Crown Up" function, if that is what you desire.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Thanks. Odd that tapping the screen turns on a fully-lit display since it's so easy to inadvertently do. I like the crown function.
Dimming the display with the crown function is actually only exclusive to the Series 2. It's a nice feature.

JTToft

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
Does the Theatre Mode seem incomplete/strange to anyone else? It should be Do Not Disturb instead of Silent, and tapping the screen shouldn't activate the clock face, only button presses or Digital Crown movement.

To get my desired effect, it seems I need to turn on both Do Not Disturb and Theatre Mode. Can tap to activate clock face even be disabled?