Was my iPhone 7 Plus slightly bent? OCD kicking in...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by entraik, Jan 2, 2017.

1. entraik Suspended

Just got a new jet black 7 plus and had it on the bed when my gf just sat down on it not realizing... Was for a mere second.. shes not big so it wasn't like 300 lbs of pressure but shes like 100 lbs. But now I'm a bit paranoid that my phone was bent ever so slightly.. I find myself holding it up to make sure it's straight but can't really tell if my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Btw, I put it on the screen with the brightness up on max on a flat surface. There is slight push play when i push down in the center (very slight).. but this is normal?

2. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

Without a photo, no way to judge. However, I think they've had two generations to avoid Bendgate so I think you're good.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, it probably needs an alignment.
    Bring it to Apple.

4. entraik thread starter Suspended

here are some pics.. i have a screen protector on. I can push down on the center and feel some 'push play'

Attached Files:

5. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

Looks like it is pretty straight to me. Can you explain push play to me? I apologize, I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

6. blaine07 macrumors 65816

7. Rootus macrumors 6502

From the third pic it looks like it might, *might* be slightly twisted. But that's not a cause for concern, I wouldn't worry about it. Hard to say for sure from those pictures.

8. DmAAx macrumors newbie

Try the wobble-test, place the phone with screendown on a plain surface, tap every corner with the finger

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It looks fine, and they fixed most if not all of the bending issues when they moved to stronger aluminum in the 6S.

10. borgsauce macrumors regular

borgsauce

When in doubt use a hydraulic press. It'll sort out the phone along with any OCD that comes with it.

11. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Most folks who claim to be OCD are not actually. If you are, get help. If not, let it go. Your 100lb girlfriend didn't bend your phone.

12. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

13. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Lay it on a flat surface with the screen facing down and stamp hard on it with your foot. It will be flat now!

j/k It's fine, relax.

14. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Only here can a user be worried about his phone and the posters start arguing about the real meaning of OCD.

15. jumpingjackflash, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017

jumpingjackflash macrumors regular

For me, it might look like in the second and third picture there is slight bend. The camera bumb-side and the left side on the lightning picture is more upwards (those are the same left sides of the phone).

Does the phone make any noises when you try gently twist it? Is the display still firmly attached to the body if you push from all corners and sides? If yes i wouldnt be worried at all.

16. Classic_Mac macrumors newbie

Classic_Mac

Not seeing a problem with your device. It appears as if it is within Apple's tolerance. Enjoy your phone instead of obsessing over small cosmetics. :)

17. dslrjunky macrumors regular

from the 2nd and 3rd pic it looks slightly off..

18. blaine07 macrumors 65816

19. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

True. Apple uses 7000 Series Aluminum in the 6s/7. The same aluminum used for the Sport Apple Watch.