Was my moisture indicator tripped?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Branskins, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Branskins macrumors 65816

I need to take my phone in because part of the sensor inside the headphone jack seems to have chipped off, so when some headphone jacks are moved or twisted in a circle, the phone sometimes does not recognize that there are headphones plugged in.

Well, today I went to look inside the headphone jack to look at the chipped part and noticed in the bottom center of the jack it looks like there is dirt or something. It is directly in the center. Now, I have to say, I have NEVER dropped this phone in water. The indicator under the 30 pin connector is still white (from what I can tell).

Was the indicator tripped? Apple.com shows the sensor as being half of the headphone jack. This is like a dot in the very center of it.

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

On all of the iPhones where the moisture indicator has turned, if you look straight down the headphone jack, you'll see red at the bottom.

3. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Not all..but it's more than likely that the external indicators have been triggered. Apple cares more for the internal indicators from what I'm told.

4. Branskins thread starter macrumors 65816

It kind of looks black. It's really dark. Is the red a distinct red?

5. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Well, red is a sort of red colour :rolleyes: Try using something like a torch to enable you to see more clearly.

6. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Sounds like its a piece of dirt/fluff/plastic in the headphone jack and that's possible the cause of your headphone problems. Dunno if you can, but getting it out might be your solution. Remember to be careful and use tools if you can. And DON'T blow into the jack, the moisture in your breath could set off the moisture sensor, now that'd be irony.