iPhone X Was my previous iPhone X screen defective?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hieveryone, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68040

Hieveryone

I’ve read and experienced myself that the iPhone X screens are NOT as scratch resistant and do not stop smudges as much as previous iPhones.

Despite being very careful and using it no differently than my previous iPhones, My last iPhone X was HORRIBLE. Scratches like crazy and smudges all day all night.

But recently I got it exchanged for a camera dust issue that they couldn’t fix or something so they just gave me a new one (white box).

And while I haven’t used this screen for More than maybe a few months at most, it just seems more durable.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It’s possible the Oleophobic coating was not applied from the factory or it did little in protecting against fingerprints and minor scratches. But then again, no one really knows here how you treated your phone or how you carried it daily that may have contributed to the scratches.

3. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68040

Hieveryone

Ok yeah bc I’ve read that some people have costing issues.

Maybe I had that and just didn’t realize it.

I can say this iPhone X screen so far is MUCH MUCH MUCH superior than my previous one. Like it’s not even close.

And no I haven’t been treating this one more careful than my last one at all.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Both screens are the same. I think you are just happy to have got it replaced.

You do have a great imagination.