Was the black MacBook a MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by natatos, May 29, 2009.

1. natatos macrumors regular

Last October I bought my first MacBook and I was going to get the black ones because they where having a sale because of the MacBook Aluminum. But they where out of them so instead I got the MB Aluminum regular, and now I'm wondering if the black ones where pro or if they where like the wight ones just more memory and stuff.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

3. boston44 macrumors 6502

I have a 2.4 GHz 250 GB Black Mac - it's just like the aluminum but black. It's not a pro - regular macbook. I would even be willing to trade for an aluminum, just because I like the track pad! But to answer your question, no, it's a regular macbook in black.

4. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

They were discontinued and that's why they "didn't have any." They were just like the white ones except in black color.

5. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Apple offered MacBook in White glossy and Black matte casings before the Al unibody MBs showed up. Since the Al MBs costed more due to the manufacturing processes Apple decided to keep an old gen plastic MB and sell it at a lower price point.
    Black matte casings were more expensive to manufacture so they decided on the white ones...

/End of Story!