was there ever a 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aye5882, Jun 4, 2008.

1. aye5882 macrumors member

hey guys. this is kind of a long story but please bear w/ me. my macbook pro (2.0ghz core duo) was stolen mid dec 2007 as i stepped out for about 10 minutes and when i came back, it was gone. well, about a month later, i was on craigslist looking for a replacement laptop and there i saw my stolen laptop! He listed all the specs of my laptop, including all the programs and even the accessories i put on it. i'm 99% sure its mine since i replaced the hard drive and named it something different from the default "macintosh HD". the thief put the exact name of the hard drive that i renamed. granted, there could be someone else out there that could have the same name for the hard drive, same programs, same accessories, etc. but highly unlikely. anyway, he provided a serial number that was obviously different from mine and said that it had an additional 3 year warranty on it. when you entered it on the apple website, its legit. but looking closer, the serial number is linked to a Core 2 Duo machine.

so he either made a typo on the craigslist posting or he got the serial number somewhere and tried to make the sale legit. my question is: is there a Core 2 Duo machine thats a 2.0Ghz? i thought i remember seeing one like that. but he could have simply forgotten to put the "2" on the craigslist posting for a "2.0GHz Core Duo Macbook Pro"

are there any other specs that differentiate a 2.0GHz Core Duo from a Core 2 Duo?

Thanks for any input!

2. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

MacBook, yes. MacBook Pro used only 2.16, 2.2, 2.33, 2.4, and now 2.4 and 2.5. No 2.0GHz C2D MBPro

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

here is a listing of every MacBook Pro model on EveryMac.com

there was no 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo model

good luck with getting your Mac back :)

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Yeah, I'd also love to know what the difference in the CD and the C2D are. Not that it matters much, but the CD chips didn't last for but a year. Was it just some marketing thing when they went to a new CPU (like Merom-Penryn-etc.)?

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

the CD is 32-bit and the C2D is 64-bit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Core