Was this AT&T supervisor out of line???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XciteMe, Nov 17, 2009.

1. XciteMe macrumors 6502

iPhone I bought was returned to the Apple store after 7 days of purchase. Was told by AT&T the line would be canceled IMMEDIATELY after I returned the iPhone, I wouldn't have to call AT&T myself. It'd be automatic.

Two weeks later I check, that line was still active. Not canceled. Two weeks of Iphone usage with NO iPhone in my hand.

OK so the rep (the first person you speak to when you call) couldn't help my issue, so I told him "I really appreciate your help but can I speak to a supervisor?"

15 min later the supervisor is patched through... She sounded like I was bothering her... Her tone... And just the attitude and the way she spoke to me...

Me: "I wanna know why my line wasn't canceled on the day I canceled it."
    Her: "Because there was a communication error."
    Me: "Okay...???"
    Her: "OK then."
    Me: "No it's not OK."
    Her: "You just said OK."
    Me: "It's a figure of speech. I meant, OKay, how does that help me?"
    Her: "So then it's NOT okay? Make up your mind."

OH HELLO NO...

Who do I complain to her about??? Is there somebody at AT&T higher than a supervisor???

2. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

She may be out of line, but you sure weren't helping the situation.

Perhaps you should try different communication approach and know the purpose of the call before making it.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

First you sound paramountly immature. If you have an issue with someone at a company that forces you to go above a supervisor then best you look at the situation. So there was clearly a communication error. Neither you nor the rep did anything to clarify what was happening. Instead, you likely got angry and hung up. Your problem was not solved. This can be, and should be resolved by a supervisor at best. Who is higher than that? The chain of command in many call centers will go rep > supervisor > manager > director/avp > vp > svp and/or evp.

You need to simply call back, ask nicely for a supervisor. They will likely want to help and you will likely need to be blunt and say that your issue has been discussed with a rep and they have yet to resolve it. If they tell you there is no supervisor they're lying. Hang up and call back.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Umm well is that the extent of your conversation? Did you just hang up? That doesn't accomplish anything. Is this a brand new AT&T account?

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

As soon as I looked at who posted this, my first thought: no.
    After reading this: not really.

It's not like she told you to f*** off and you don't sound like you weren't being very nice. They have no reason to be nice to you, you are calling to complain, you are canceling their product, etc... I have a feeling if you had handled the situation differently, it might have gone better.

On second thought, I'm lost what she did that was wrong, besides tell you to make up your mind - which seems logical.

Here's to trolling...

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

OP Sells iPhone: October 29th
    OP Buys New One: October 30th
    OP Trick or Treats: October 31st
    OP Drops iPhone in Water: October 31st
    OP Attempts to Replace water-damaged iPhone: November 1st
    NOOWWWWW OP turns phone in, November 17.

Who does AT&T call to complain about you? Who do we call?

Edit: sorry thegoldenmackid, but I stole your previous post and pasted it here.

7. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Also somewhere in there, he opened a verizon account and bought a Droid, then cancelled the account within the week :rolleyes:

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

It's okay that you stoled it. :D (as long as we all know the OP went Trick or Treating)

I'll provide a link to the thread that the OP has avoided for so long, I just have some questions, aggie does to... Now do the state of Texas some favors and answer some questions.

9. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Having worked at a Verizon Wireless call center myself, you should have asked the representative to see what the remarks are on the account on the day the line was supposed to cancelled. Usually if you are outside a specific timeframe your line will disconnect at the end of the billing cycle instead of being prorated like you wanted. Almost all cell companies do this. AT&T included.

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Hey, I edited that as soon as I posted it. You're fast!!!

Edit: I seriously think we need some kind of proof WHAT phone the OP has. I'm beginning to wonder if he just has a Nokia. :)

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

please please please

Go back to Droid and Verizon Apple nor AT&T need you that bad! ;)

12. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I just figured it was an Agriculture & Mineral thing.

13. nehunte macrumors 6502

nehunte

So here is a link to all of his posts. This guy is a troll. Quit feeding the troll!

Crap.... I'm feeding the troll aren't I? Here, have an :apple:.

14. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

15. ski2moro macrumors 6502

I went to the Forum Rules and looked up Trolling and found his picture next to the definition.