Was this in Tiger?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Spades, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Spades macrumors 6502

While randomly clicking things, as I have a bad habit of doing, I suddenly found quicktime listing the complete path for the file it was playing. I tried this on the finder, and it did the same thing. TextEdit...same thing. Try it for yourself. Go to any document-based application and right-click the filename in the title bar. I'm willing to bet that if it's Cocoa based, you'll now see a list of the complete path to the file.

So is this new in Leopard, or have I somehow completely missed it over the last two years?

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

You've completely missed it over the last two years :p

Don't worry though, it happens to the best of us.

3. saltyzoo macrumors 65816

saltyzoo

4. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

Try Cmd-Clicking on the icon in the title bar in Tiger - does the same thing

5. benj07 macrumors member

I'm pretty sure this is new to Leopard. In Tiger the Finder did this...but not in apps like TextEdit, Preview, Quicktime, etc.

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Yes it does. It's not new to Leopard at all; I'm running Tiger here... in fact, it's not even new to OS X. ;)

7. saltyzoo macrumors 65816

saltyzoo

Any idea why it isn't working for me? The Cmd click works, but not right clicking.

8. Spades thread starter macrumors 6502

That would be why I never noticed it before. It looks like it only works with command-click in Tiger. Right-click doesn't work. In Leopard both work.

9. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

This is another nifty thing that's very, very useful.

10. nineteentwelve macrumors regular

I discovered this helpful trick the day before I upgraded to Leopard. Now I have the Path Bar in Leopard's Finder, I'm happy. :D