Was this in Tiger?

Spades

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
While randomly clicking things, as I have a bad habit of doing, I suddenly found quicktime listing the complete path for the file it was playing. I tried this on the finder, and it did the same thing. TextEdit...same thing. Try it for yourself. Go to any document-based application and right-click the filename in the title bar. I'm willing to bet that if it's Cocoa based, you'll now see a list of the complete path to the file.

So is this new in Leopard, or have I somehow completely missed it over the last two years?

benj07

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2007
While randomly clicking things, as I have a bad habit of doing, I suddenly found quicktime listing the complete path for the file it was playing. I tried this on the finder, and it did the same thing. TextEdit...same thing. Try it for yourself. Go to any document-based application and right-click the filename in the title bar. I'm willing to bet that if it's Cocoa based, you'll now see a list of the complete path to the file.

So is this new in Leopard, or have I somehow completely missed it over the last two years?
I'm pretty sure this is new to Leopard. In Tiger the Finder did this...but not in apps like TextEdit, Preview, Quicktime, etc.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
I'm pretty sure this is new to Leopard. In Tiger the Finder did this...but not in apps like TextEdit, Preview, Quicktime, etc.
Yes it does. It's not new to Leopard at all; I'm running Tiger here... in fact, it's not even new to OS X. ;)

Spades

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
That would be why I never noticed it before. It looks like it only works with command-click in Tiger. Right-click doesn't work. In Leopard both work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.