was wondering how many times i can install final cut express 4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rangerfreak1, Mar 23, 2009.

1. rangerfreak1 macrumors member

i have final cut express 4 and i noticed that there was 2 stickers with serial numbers,can i installl it on 2 computers.and i have not registered yet does that make a difference.thanks

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The number of stickers makes no difference. You need to read the EULA to see how many installs (at one time) you are allowed and under what circumstances. In general Apple software (Family Packs) excluded is limited to one install for consumer software and two installs, but to be used by one person and not at the same time, for professional software. FCE falls somewhere between the two so it's difficult to say for sure.

Edit to add: the EULA is online and very clear:

"2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions.
    A. This License allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple Software on one Apple-labeled desktop computer and one Apple-labeled laptop computer so long as both computers are owned and used by you.

C. This License does not allow the Apple Software to run on more than one computer at a time, and you may not make the Apple Software available over a network where it could be used by multiple computers at the same time. You may make one copy of the Apple Software in machine-readable form for backup purposes only; provided that the backup copy must include all copyright or other proprietary notices contained on the original."

So you can install it on one desktop, one laptop, but only for your own use: you can't let a friend use the copy on the laptop and you use the desktop and you can't sell on the other "license" or sell one machine with the software and keep using the software on the other machine.