Was Yesterday a holiday?

AngerDanger

macrumors 601
Dec 9, 2008
Yep, yesterday we celebrated a certain newbie's transition to 'macrumors regular' by posting fifty-four messages in one day, necroing many threads in the process.

As of writing this, they have the latest post in twenty-two threads in the Community Discussion subform alone.

Long live the newly inaugurated regular! May we all spout our random thoughts as freely! See you all next year!

Merry Newbmass.jpg

Last edited:

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Yesterday was Pancake Day. I guess that’s a holiday.

We had some pancakes in the office. I had lemon and sugar — the best flavour. Some other people had Nutella, which I’m not fond of, but each to their own. Tracy said she doesn’t even like pancakes, but I didn’t really like her anyway, so now I’ve got justification for that.

Matt asked her if she likes Yorkshire puddings. She said she didn’t like those either. That’s pretty weird.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
Yesterday was Pancake Day. I guess that’s a holiday.

We had some pancakes in the office. I had lemon and sugar — the best flavour. Some other people had Nutella, which I’m not fond of, but each to their own. Tracy said she doesn’t even like pancakes, but I didn’t really like her anyway, so now I’ve got justification for that.

Matt asked her if she likes Yorkshire puddings. She said she didn’t like those either. That’s pretty weird.
When we were children, my mum used to make wonderful pancakes on Shrove Tuesday.

In latter years, we once seriously splurged: I prepared homemade apple sauce, - and made certain that we had the other ingredients - thus, we had apple sauce and maple syrup, and also sour cream and caviar, and the classic lemon juice and sugar and berries with our pancakes.

My mum made the actual pancakes.

That particular day, - perhaps around a decade ago, or a little over a decade ago - an indulged adult who sought (ever so fleetingly) to return to the cherished certainties of childhood, I was stuffed, but happily.

Then, within a short space of a depressingly few years, she was claimed by dementia.

And this past Christmas, she passed away.

So, nowadays, I want pancakes, perforce, I must prepare them for myself; but, it is not quite the same thing - some foods evoke the memory of the comfort blanket of parental love, and, for me, pancakes are one of those.

Last edited:

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
In latter years, we once seriously splurged: I prepared homemade apple sauce, thus we had apple sauce and maple syrup, and also sour cream and caviar, and the classic lemon juice and sugar and berries with our pancakes.
I've been a fan of finely chopped apple cooked in brown and white sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg, Add a small amount of cold slurry corn or potato starch near the end to thicken it up. Bananas work marvelously, too. Peaches, as well. These work well for ice cream, Greek yogurt, pie, cakes, etc.

vertical smile

macrumors 601
Sep 23, 2014
And to celebrate somebody had to resurrect kind of old threads?
I didn't notice, but I generally stay in only a few sub-forums, and don't always see threads in topics that don't typically interest me.

What type of threads were they? Can you link a few?

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
I've been a fan of finely chopped apple cooked in brown and white sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg, Add a small amount of cold slurry corn or potato starch near the end to thicken it up. Bananas work marvelously, too. Peaches, as well. These work well for ice cream, Greek yogurt, pie, cakes, etc.
Well whoopy-do, you’ve one-upped my drinking raw pancake mix and washing it down with warm beer.

Reactions: AngerDanger

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
It’s happening again. I’ll bet dollars to donuts the same poster who did it the first time and was suspended, made a second account.

Reactions: millerj123