Was your Macbook Pro damaged?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rjsmith18, Jun 2, 2010.

1. rjsmith18 macrumors member

rjsmith18

I just received my Macbook Pro yesterday and am shipping it back today :(. When I opened the box, and took out the pro, I noticed that the wires to the charger were not in place under it (in fact, they were bend in the shape of the Macbook Pro and were going up the side of the box). When I inspected the Macbook itself, on the back, I noticed a small but noticeable dent on the bottom side (where the wall adapter was). I called Apple and they are taking it back. But, my question is how many of you experienced legit problems out of the box (don't lie)?

Attached Files:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. rjsmith18 thread starter macrumors member

rjsmith18

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Was it a refurb? The cords out of place are suspect. Of course send it back but I am curious.

5. rjsmith18 thread starter macrumors member

rjsmith18

Nope brand new custom order. It's the new 2010 Macbook Pro i7 15 inch. Thats exactly how it came and how it was out of the box. I have a friend that worked for Dell building and they stated that this happens a lot. If you look at the molding of the package you can see where it was moving during shipment. I had black marks on all the corners, but was able to get it off with my nail. I did not, however, take it fully out of the plastic. Just enough to see the dent and feel it. My friend stated that most likely it stopped at the motherboard and its good to take back due to it could have cracked the motherboard.

6. tekmoe macrumors 68000

I had a dent exactly like that. I had purchased it at the Apple retail store. I called them as soon as I noticed it and they told me to bring it back for an exchange. I did and I now have a perfect Mac.

7. rjsmith18 thread starter macrumors member

rjsmith18

Thankfully Apple took it back no problem. I work midnights so I had my mother call them for me and she said they are giving me a incase sleeve. Didn't ask for it, but it's nice of them to offer. I just want a Macbook that doesn't have dents, haha.

8. Lola M macrumors member

I wonder if it was the lucky one to be inspected by customs?

9. rjsmith18 thread starter macrumors member

rjsmith18

My friend from dell stated that it looks like it fell off the line and they tried to quickly clean it up. Ironically it missed the FedEx cutoff the last day of the 1-3 days to ship. Wonder if that was an indicator...