Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

giggity goo-ru

macrumors member
Original poster
Hey guys... just thought I'd make a thread for those of us who are waiting for our MBP's and who received their shipping notices today like I did :D. Chances are we'll all be flight buddies. Lets see how many of us actually get on the same flight.

Here's my tracking data.

11:10 AM
Picked up
SHANGHAI CN

Left origin
SHANGHAI CN

8:50 AM
Package data transmitted to FedEx

gcdrwhom

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2006
the ATL
Hey guys... just thought I'd make a thread for those of us who are waiting for our MBP's and who received their shipping notices today like I did :D. Chances are we'll all be flight buddies. Lets see how many of us actually get on the same flight.

Here's my tracking data.

Picked up
SHANGHAI CN

Left origin
SHANGHAI CN

These threads just gets more and more specific.

Yeah, mine got picked up from Shanghai at 11 AM on Nov 2. No update yet, but I'm thinking that I won't see it until Monday.

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey

Here's my tracking data.

I'm on the same flight.. hope I got the aisle seat and a hot stewardess!

11/02/06 09:07 pm
Left Fedex Ramp
Shanghai

11/02/06 11:10 am
Left Fedex Origin Location
Shanghai

Picked Up By Fedex
Shanghai

15danielp

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2006
Tucson, Arizona

Here's my tracking data.

Picked up
SHANGHAI CN

Left origin
SHANGHAI CN

My tracking information is the same. Ordered it on the 28th. Maybe we'll get it tomorrow before the weekend (fat chance).

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
Maybe we'll get it tomorrow before the weekend (fat chance).

Tomorrow IS a possibility, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up... Heres the delivery info for someone who already received their MBP:

From "10/31/06 09:56 pm Left Fedex Ramp Shanghai" to Delivery was next day.. Looks like his sat at the Origin for quite some time before it left the Fedex Ramp and ours went right away..

Indiana seems to be the final common check-point before heading out to the eventual owners destination - but once its gets to Alaska we'll know a bit more.

Its confusing because of the different time-zones, it looks like it uses the local time at each place - which makes sense, but you'd have to know the time differences at each place to really make sense of it all.

If it gets to Alaska and eventually Indy and the date is still 11/02/06 I think think we have a good chance of getting it Friday (which would make for an awesome weekend!)

11/01/06 09:27 am Delivered Los Angeles, CA
11/01/06 07:41 am On Fedex Vehicle For Delivery Marina Del Rey, CA
11/01/06 07:28 am Arrived At Fedex Destination Location Marina Del Rey, CA
11/01/06 06:27 am Left Fedex Sort Facility Los Angeles, CA
11/01/06 06:26 am Left Fedex Sort Facility Los Angeles, CA
11/01/06 05:51 am Arrived At Sort Facility Los Angeles, CA
11/01/06 05:49 am Arrived At Sort Facility Los Angeles, CA
11/01/06 04:25 am Left Fedex Sort Facility Indianapolis, IN
11/01/06 12:40 am Status Scan Indianapolis, IN
10/31/06 11:46 pm Arrived At Sort Facility Indianapolis, IN
10/31/06 02:00 pm Left Fedex Sort Facility Anchorage, AK
10/31/06 01:59 pm Left Fedex Sort Facility Anchorage, AK
10/31/06 11:50 am Arrived At Sort Facility Anchorage, AK
10/31/06 09:56 pm Left Fedex Ramp Shanghai
10/30/06 11:08 am Left Fedex Origin Location Shanghai
10/30/06 11:08 am Pickup Status Shanghai

Wow - I'm so over-analyzing this I'm scaring myself. See what happens when I don't have a Mac to play with?

gcdrwhom

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2006
the ATL
Tomorrow IS a possibility, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up... Heres the delivery info for someone who already received their MBP:

From "10/31/06 09:56 pm Left Fedex Ramp Shanghai" to Delivery was next day.. Looks like his sat at the Origin for quite some time before it left the Fedex Ramp and ours went right away..

Indiana seems to be the final common check-point before heading out to the eventual owners destination - but once its gets to Alaska we'll know a bit more.

Its confusing because of the different time-zones, it looks like it uses the local time at each place - which makes sense, but you'd have to know the time differences at each place to really make sense of it all.

If it gets to Alaska and eventually Indy and the date is still 11/02/06 I think think we have a good chance of getting it Friday (which would make for an awesome weekend!)

Wow - I'm so over-analyzing this I'm scaring myself. See what happens when I don't have a Mac to play with?

Yeah, I'm not going to mention how much time I spent analyzing past timings of the Shanghai-Anchorage-Indiana run, breaking down time zones and such.

But it looks like we landed in Alaska!

EvryDayImShufln

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2006
Mine doesnt mention leaving any fedex ramp, but was picked up around 10:30 AM. Does this mean it may not make the flight to get here by monday??

GraceMolloy

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2006
Kentucky
Mine hit Alaska today at 230pm CST, so I think I'm actually a flight ahead of you. But I kinda doubt I'll get mine until Monday either. Though if I hit the right flight/trucks, it's a distinct possibility I could get it tomorrow.

defsquad

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2006
birmingham, alabama
Yay! we're all on this oceanic flight 815! let's hope we all make it in one piece. ok anyway, that was a lame Lost analogy. Seriously though, here is my tracking data from isnoop thus far:
11/02/06 12:44 pm
Arrived At Sort Facility
Anchorage, AK

11/02/06 09:06 pm
Left Fedex Ramp
Shanghai

Picked Up By Fedex
Shanghai

Left Fedex Origin Location
Shanghai

Looks like some of you guys have made it into the lower 48 states already. I'm so envious.

I will say this, since I'm scheduled for delivery on the 6th, I'm trying to get one of my client's to push back a day long onsite meeting until Tuesday, so that I'll be there for the fedex guy at "10:30". Pretty bad that I'm having to skip around work stuff to get my first mac.

jeremyschultz

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2006
Clive, Iowa USA
I'm surprised your MBPs are arriving so soon! I just ordered mine and it isn't supposed to arrive until 11/22. Part of it is because it's build-to-order (added the 2GB RAM) and that puts it back a week—but still, that would be 11/15.

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
I'm surprised your MBPs are arriving so soon! I just ordered mine and it isn't supposed to arrive until 11/22. Part of it is because it's build-to-order (added the 2GB RAM) and that puts it back a week—but still, that would be 11/15.

I ordered mine on 11/29 (Sunday) with the 2GB Ram upgrade and the 160GB Hard drive upgrade... It didn't push mine back a week...

FYI - I'm waiting on a 15"/matte/2.16Ghtz/2GB ram/160GB drive

EvryDayImShufln

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2006
Mine is actually BTO as well, 2.33 with 160 gig hard drive, but thats all. Scratch what I said about not making the plane, it's in alaska right now, if I'm VERY lucky I may get it tomorrow as I'm closer to alaska than some of you (I live in Canada :p )

However I'm still on the east side of canada (quebec) so my odds are slim, but who knows.

gcdrwhom

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2006
the ATL
Mine is actually BTO as well, 2.33 with 160 gig hard drive, but thats all. Scratch what I said about not making the plane, it's in alaska right now, if I'm VERY lucky I may get it tomorrow as I'm closer to alaska than some of you (I live in Canada :p )

However I'm still on the east side of canada (quebec) so my odds are slim, but who knows.

Yeah, for the guy asking, I got a BTO 15" 2.33 GHz with 160 GB HD too (guess we're on the same assembly line or something).

Dunno where FedEx's main distribution center is for Canada, but we'll see if any of our packages make it out for Friday delivery. It really depends on whether our stuff leaves the Anchorage facility in time. Judging by the track record, they need to get on the plane in the next couple hours. Not sure how quickly these records get updated.

I'll bet FedEx's logistical teams would be amused by how we arm-chair analyze their numbers.

ivc

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2006
Norway
Mine was shipped today too, but I haven't got any tracking number yet. Seems like there's no carrier for it yet, only "Flextronics Logistics B.V.". It's heading for Norway and thus the only possible options would be TNT or UPS.

I'll hopefully update as soon as I get something.

GraceMolloy

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2006
Kentucky
we've moved. En route to (I assume) Indianapolis.

I know they do midnight sort there, so likely the truck will leave early tomorrow morning. It's a 4-5 hour drive. Plus sort time.

It should at least be in town tomorrow.

OH, and don't let FedEx bull***** you. I used to work for them when I was in college. They WILL let you come get the package. You just need proper identification.

giggity goo-ru

macrumors member
Original poster

I know they do midnight sort there, so likely the truck will leave early tomorrow morning. It's a 4-5 hour drive. Plus sort time.

OH, and don't let FedEx bull***** you. I used to work for them when I was in college. They WILL let you come get the package. You just need proper identification.

what are you using to track?

15danielp

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2006
Tucson, Arizona

I tracked mine--no update. Still says:

Nov 2, 2006 12:44 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

ANCHORAGE, AK

I thought my MBP was in route with yours.:(

gcdrwhom

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2006
the ATL

Good looking out. Having container-mates is useful.

Giggity & 15danielp: I'm seeing us as having left Alaska on isnoop. It seems to be more accurate than all the other places.

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
Well, I did a little reminiscing and searching through my old emails...

When I ordered my 12" PBowerBook G4 WAY back in January of '06, It left January 4th and was received on January 6th...

When I ordered my Black MacBook in May of '06, it was shipped on the 17th and I recieved it on the 18th..

I can't check the detailed tracking info anymore - Fedex just gives the ship date and delivery dates, but I distinctly recall BOTH coming from China, and I'm guessing a similar route. So it IS possible to do next day...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the MBP takes the same route as my MB and is here tomorrow!

Wow.. 3 different Mac's in a year.. Thats gotta be a new record for me (thank you eBay!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.