Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Was your Snow Leopard DVD faulty?

• Yes, my Snow Leopard DVD was faulty

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • No, as expected, there were no issues

Votes: 39 90.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

glossywhite

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
Was your Snow Leopard DVD faulty?. Please answer yes or no, and how soon did you/will you get a replacement disc. Thanks

bradmurray

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2009
My DVD was bad. The install started and died after about 5 minutes. Fortunately it didn't corrupt anything. Unfortunately I had to sit on the phone for about 30 minutes explaining the problem and getting them to send a replacement. Now I have to wait for that to show up. If I hadn't been eligible for the $10 upgrade I would have been pissed that I paid the full $30 when most stores are selling it for $25.

bradmurray

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2009
It had a weird striped pattern in the optical layer. I didn't look at it before I put it in the drive (MBP 15), but it doesn't look like anything physical on the surface. It looks like it's in the optical layer.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
No problem with mine - it worked as intended. Too bad SL didn't work as intended :( (printer driver is non-functioning)

Matt Phoenix

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2006
My DVD was bad. The install started and died after about 5 minutes. Fortunately it didn't corrupt anything. Unfortunately I had to sit on the phone for about 30 minutes explaining the problem and getting them to send a replacement. Now I have to wait for that to show up. If I hadn't been eligible for the $10 upgrade I would have been pissed that I paid the full $30 when most stores are selling it for $25.

Same exact thing happened to me. After googling and realizing there was a faulty DVD problem, I considered just borrowing a friend's copy of SL and installing it. But instead, I decided to get a new DVD, if for no other reason than general principle. And yes, since it was only $10 for this upgrade, I didn't make a big fuss.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.