Washed 1st Gen iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by djab, Dec 16, 2009.

  1. djab macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2009
    Location:
    West Virginia, United States of America
    #1
    A couple weeks ago i left my ipod touch in my pocket of my jeans which went into the wash. I let it dry out for 4 days. I can plug it into power and i get the apple screen. However it shuts off and i have to unplug and replug it in to get that again.

    Is there anything i can do to fix this?
     
  2. MikeT125 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 16, 2007
    #3
    Put it on top of something warm for a while longer so it can dry out some more. Just something slightly warm will do. We used to have a oil furnace in our basement that was always warm but not hot. This seemed to dry out most items in a couple of days.
     
  3. djab thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2009
    Location:
    West Virginia, United States of America
    #4
    Ok but if i keep my ipod plugged in the display shuts off. I think its more than the battery unless the battery is needed to work correctly for it to turn on.
    Right?
     
  4. Skyhigh223 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2009
    #5
    Maybe the battery is totally dead?

    maybe the battery connectors are still wet?

    When you plug your iPod into the computer, try and get to the lock screen, what kind of condition is your battery in?

    EDIT: oh right, the screen shuts off. Hmm.

    Does iTunes recognise the iPod? Try restoring it?
     
  5. -aggie- macrumors P6

    -aggie-

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2009
    Location:
    Where bunnies are welcome.
    #6
    You should've put it in a bag of rice for several days and not turned it on. By now, it's probably dry, but just ruined. You could try a restore in DFU mode, but I doubt you're going to fix it. You can get an out of warranty replacement for $99.
     
  6. Lorenz0 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2009
    #7
    a new iPod?
     

Share This Page