Washed iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Hause55, May 24, 2012.

1. Hause55 macrumors newbie

My wife washed her new iphone 4s for about 5 min in the washer. Turned it off put in rice for a couple days. It actually worked fine for a while wile a screen flicker. I went to update the software and now its bricked. I can't get ios to install on it now. Anything I can do to fix this? I've done DFU mode. Every time I try to install ios 5 I get an error.

Please help!

2. Hause55 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that when only the screen was flickering. They said I would have to replace the screen. Do they have a way to install iOS on it for me?

3. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Try a hard reset if that doesn't work try putting it in DFU mode. Sounds to me like a software issue more then anything seeing it happened right after updating the software.

4. Hause55 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help. The reset didn't work. IOS isn't installed on it and I can't get it to install. Do you think they would fix it for free at the apple store? I don't have insurance.

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Nope. You'll probably have to pay the $199 to get it fixed.

6. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

If it is a software issue which is likely then yes they do it for free. If it is a hardware issue there's a 200$ replacement fee.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You cant install iOS on a water damaged iphone.
    Its not a software issue, its a hardware issue.
    Go to Apple and tell them you only put it in the washer for 5 minutes:D