Washed iPhone 4s

Hause55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
My wife washed her new iphone 4s for about 5 min in the washer. Turned it off put in rice for a couple days. It actually worked fine for a while wile a screen flicker. I went to update the software and now its bricked. I can't get ios to install on it now. Anything I can do to fix this? I've done DFU mode. Every time I try to install ios 5 I get an error.

Please help!

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
Try a hard reset if that doesn't work try putting it in DFU mode. Sounds to me like a software issue more then anything seeing it happened right after updating the software.

Hause55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
Try a hard reset if that doesn't work try putting it in DFU mode. Sounds to me like a software issue more then anything seeing it happened right after updating the software.
Thanks for your help. The reset didn't work. IOS isn't installed on it and I can't get it to install. Do you think they would fix it for free at the apple store? I don't have insurance.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
Thanks for your help. The reset didn't work. IOS isn't installed on it and I can't get it to install. Do you think they would fix it for free at the apple store? I don't have insurance.
If it is a software issue which is likely then yes they do it for free. If it is a hardware issue there's a 200$ replacement fee.