washed my ipod it doesn't seem to work but!!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by gabriel2016, Jun 26, 2010.

1. gabriel2016 macrumors newbie

i washed my ipod twice actually the first time it worked perfectly fine everything was working but then the second time i pulled it out of my wet pants it woud not turn on or do anything i let it dry off for a few days then tried again but nothing. then i tried to plug it into my PC it shows that it charging it shows it has the orange light but nothing comes up do i just need to get a new one or what??

and i already tried resetting it but still nothing???:(

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

3. RobertMartens macrumors 65816

RobertMartens

Can you really describe something 'washed' as 'fried'?

BTW my daughter washed her green shuffle but it came back to life about 3 weeks later.

4. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Find you some of those "Do Not Eat" packets or place it near a damp-rid bucket and cover it or something similar (can't describe how as I myself am fried at the moment :D )

But anything that'll draw moisture out, heck even rice. Let it set and vegetate and keep trying.

5. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

I'd say it is all washed up... try the above stated advice, but I don't think that thing is coming back from ipod heaven.

6. untypoed macrumors member

untypoed

Agreed. But then again, my Ipod Nano fell in the toilet. I didn't touch it for about a year. Found it in my closet after I moved, turned it on, and it worked. Then I sold it off Craigslist.

Maybe I was just lucky. :cool: