washed my shuffle, still syncs...worth a shot??

Discussion in 'iPod' started by medicscott, May 15, 2010.

1. medicscott macrumors 6502a

medicscott

so i have the brand new shuffle, bout 2 months old. i washed and dried it yesterday like an idiot. it still shows up in itunes and syncs, but wont play thru my headphones. you think its worth a shot to goto apple store and play dumb, saying it wont play?

2. millypede macrumors 6502

millypede

Check the headphone socket and see if it has changed colour if not (unlikely)

[​IMG]

If its not like this you aint got any chance.

3. medicscott thread starter macrumors 6502a

medicscott

im not seeing the difference on that picture...maybe its just my screen.

now when i plug my headphones into the shuffle, it just says low battery.

4. daxomni macrumors 6502

Apple saw many customers had never been taught even basic morals or ethics by their parents and so Apple implemented a system of multiple liquid test patches that will alert them to blatant fraudsters. It works exceedingly well by showing a color change after liquid has entered the device. Rather than give any more details on exactly how this works I would instead prefer that you make your fraudulent claim in person and give the employees a good laugh.

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

There is no difference in the pictures. The white circle at the bottom will turn a pink/red colour if it has been exposed to water or a water containing liquid. The circles are both white in the picture.

6. gr3chan macrumors newbie

gr3chan

+1 to daxomni

The LSI (Liquid Spill Indicators) do not tell lies. Unfortunately humans do, thats why the technology exists.

7. spick macrumors member

Does the shuffle have the liquid indicator? I'm doubting they're put it in such a low cost product.

Anyways just go, you got nothing to lose.

8. na1577 macrumors 6502a

Yes it does.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3302

9. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

It's Apple dude, of course they're putting in a liquid indicator. Anyway, go anyway dude, nothing to lose. Just be like "Oh, my kids must have got water in it" or something. It's not like he's gonna put you on a lie detector and take you to court for Apple v. Scott. When a problem is wrong with any iPod, they check the LSI immediately.