Washed out colours only fixed by System Prefs..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pstrauss, Aug 10, 2008.

1. pstrauss macrumors newbie

So sometimes when I leave my computer on for a few hours, sometimes long enough for the screensaver to come up, sometimes just for the backlight to go off, I'll come back and the colours look off. I think it's just the brightness or the angle the screen is at, but when I went to investigate by entering System Preferences and going to Displays, the colours instantly reverted back to their normal colours, showing me the huge difference.

The colours are sort of washed out, like windows which are usually grey at the top were sort of like a light blue/grey and everything just seemed as if I were using my computer outside in the sun, faded.

However going to Displays instantly sent it back. So, my question is what made it change the colour in the first place? Why did "Displays" fix it? And how can I prevent this in the future? Happens semi-frequently, every few days.

I have a new MacBook Pro I bought in May, baseline and with newest Leopard.

2. gr8bob macrumors regular

Try using this method:

http://installingcats.wordpress.com/2007/11/23/fix-blue-tint-wake-from-screensaver-mac-macbook/

I've find that sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Got mine resolved when the "Show profiles for this display only" box is ticked.

3. pstrauss thread starter macrumors newbie