Washed Out Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bigdb11, Feb 27, 2009.

1. bigdb11 macrumors regular

THis morning I opened the lid of my computer and awoke it from sleep to notice that my screen looked completely washed out. The colors looked completely dull and unnatural. Is this a sign that my graphics card is dying already? Or, is this a problem with the screen? I restarted and everything seems fine; however, I'm not sure everything will be in the long run. Anyone experience this?

2. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

I've seen the colorsync profile spontaneously change causing this problem. I just went to the Display control panel and selected the correct profile.

3. gilesrulz macrumors member

This often happens to me. I don't think its hardware related. I just move my mouse to the hot-corner for the screen saver, wait a few seconds, and then move the mouse again,. When the screen comes back, it will correct itself.

4. Sir Cecil macrumors 6502a

This has been an issue for a couple of years or more. Below is one link relating to it. There are plenty of others if you care to seek them out via google. People have been discussing this on the Apple support forum since 2007.
    Very annoying that Apple hasn't sorted it out yet.
    I've already seen this a couple of times on my new 17" UMBP (and my previous 15") but only when also using an external display.

http://installingcats.com/tag/blue-tint/