Wasn't Able to Preorder on 15th..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by japresl, Jun 17, 2010.

1. japresl macrumors member

because of the ridiculous website issues. So this means that I cannot get a reservation and have to wait until a store has them in stock or get a delivery date sometime in mid-july? If this is the case, that is absolutely ridiculous.

2. troop231 macrumors 603

Yep, same boat, and it does suck majorly. I doubt I'll be able to camp.

3. japresl thread starter macrumors member

Would camping even be worth it? I mean are stores going to have many in stock or are they just going to be doing the reservations?

4. coelacanth macrumors 6502

Sorry to say, but you are pretty much of of luck. Only chance you have is camp out at an Apple Store (don't do it at AT&T store! You'll get screwed). There will be two lines: One for people with reservations and another one for pure walk-in. This is the only chance you've got (or line up at other retails like Best Buy, Walmart or Radio Shack and take chances) to get the phone on the launch day.

5. brand macrumors 601

brand

Others would consider your entitlement issue ridiculous.

6. japresl thread starter macrumors member

Jesus. The only reason why I care and need one on the launch day is because my current iPhone (the only phone I have that will work on AT&T network) is basically a paperweight...won't make calls, receive them...basically it's worthless. I was holding out for a few weeks so I could preorder and get one on launch day and finally have a phone again...now because of the damn website I am screwed without a phone for another few weeks unless I get up at the crack of dawn and go camp out? Ridiculous. And what's worse, some people posted on here that were able to preorder 2 or more iphones, just so they could return them when the white one comes out. Honestly peoples' selfishness never ceases to amaze me.

If I were to get desperate for a phone and camp out...what times do lines normally start? Like 6 a.m. or the night before? I really hope I don't have to resort to this...

7. mashinhead macrumors 68030

at this point if you really want in and don't want to or don't have time to wait in line just preorder online for the 14th

8. japresl thread starter macrumors member

please. get a life and stop trolling through forums making yourself feel better by talking condescendingly through the disguise of the Internet.

9. stellablue96 macrumors member

Why would you get screwed? The at&t store is on the way to my apple store. I was going to drive by and if the line wasn't THAT long I was just going to settle for there vs the madness that will be the Apple store.

Just curious why you would get screwed esp since they really did not take "reservations" like apple did.

10. coelacanth macrumors 6502

Apple Stores open at 7 am. By 6am, even the with-reservation line will be around the block from my experience. So if you are to walk-in, actual overnight camping is a must, I'm afraid. (I'm speaking with my SF flagship store experiences in the past.)

11. aluren macrumors 65816

There's always ebay or craigslist if you REALLY want one before July, provided that you pay a heavy premium.

12. japresl thread starter macrumors member

Just in general I've learned to not mess with any AT&T store. I've had so many bad experiences with them regarding the iPhone that I just take all of my business to Apple now. I can't imagine it being a different story especially on the day of launch.

13. whynot83706 macrumors 6502

whynot83706

Will they even have phones for any walk-ins on 24th?

14. japresl thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the advice...looks like I'm just going to remain phone-less for another month or so :-(

15. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

Why did you sell your phone so far out from the actual release?

16. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

Well, that's how it works. Those who act first get the prize. I specifically made sure I was up early to place my order.

17. troop231 macrumors 603

Not really, I was up early too then got smacked with a "we can't accept deposits online" BS. :(

18. japresl thread starter macrumors member

I didn't sell it. It's been broken for the past few weeks so I was just going to hold out until the launch day for a new one. It won't make calls or receive them or do anything really...

19. coelacanth macrumors 6502

I've seen too many horror stories with AT&T stores on the launch day. People line up over night, and they found out one store had only a handfull of units available. I just don't have faith in AT&T at all. Because AT&T is our only option as iPhone carrer, we can't escape from it, but I'll do all I can to stay away from it as much as possible.

If you have an AT&T store near you that has proven record of good launch day experience and/or you just don't have an Apple Store near you, go for it. But if you've got an Apple Store in a reasonable distance, I'd line up at Apple Store.

20. s0vereignT macrumors member

I'm not sure early had much to do with it. I'd say mostly luck, and a bit of persistence. I started trying at 4:30 AM EST and wasn't successful until about 5:30 PM EST. And I was pretty much constantly trying throughout the day.

21. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Probably because over the next few days Ebay and Craigslist will be FLOODED with old iPhones, and the prices will go way down.