Watch 3 vs 2....how are you noticing the 70% speed improvement

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Mike Boreham, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Mike Boreham, Mar 20, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018

Mike Boreham macrumors 65816

I have a series 2. The only feature of the Series 3 I am interested in is the 70% speed increase.

Are you noticing the improvement?

I would be particularly interested if it speeded up the connection to and control of my Made-for-iPhone hearing aids. I don't know anything about the AirPods, but I imagine my bluetooth hearing aids might have some similarity to the AirPods as far as connection and control is concerned. Can the AirPods be controlled from the watch? Any change with the series 3?

Thanks for any inputs

2. Felix Bomar macrumors newbie

I have noticed a speedup between the Series 2 and Series 3. I do not think it is 70% in practice - more like 40 - 50%. I cannot help you on the hearing aids.

3. bodonnell202 macrumors 65816

bodonnell202

Honestly my Series 1 (same speed as the S2) felt faster, but I suspect that has more to do with WatchOS 4 than anything else and my old Series 1 would also be laggy with WatchOS 4.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The improvements are easily noticed with opening applications, load times when restarting the Apple Watch, very little lag in between navigating through the user interface of the Apple Watch and with increased speed, it’s also helped improve the efficiency of the battery. It’s a multitude of little improvements that have made the watch that much more useful with the faster dual core processor.