Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MiragePL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
I was very happy with my Watch SE which worked without any problems. Now I have Watch 7 and it's constantly locking itself. I have read that it's because I have tattoos on my wrists. I don't want to limit the functionality of watch (mainly Apple Pay) by disabling wrist sensor. Is there anything else that I can do? I have seen on Reddit someone that is using some sort of glue on sensors (LOL!) but let's be serious on this... Thank you for any advices.

square-mouse

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2021
Just turn off the blood oxygen and forget about the problems. Anyway, this function does not show real numbers, but simply uses the battery for nothing.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2012
England
I was very happy with my Watch SE which worked without any problems. Now I have Watch 7 and it's constantly locking itself. I have read that it's because I have tattoos on my wrists. I don't want to limit the functionality of watch (mainly Apple Pay) by disabling wrist sensor. Is there anything else that I can do? I have seen on Reddit someone that is using some sort of glue on sensors (LOL!) but let's be serious on this... Thank you for any advices.

I don’t have tattoos on my wrist but my series 7 has locked many times since having it. Maybe not as often as you though but perhaps twice a week for me. So I’m wondering if it’s more an issue with the watch or the software.

MiragePL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
I think that after turning off the blood oxygen sensor now it's better. But maybe it's an autosuggestion. Will see in a few days.

herbiebeepbeep

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2021
My AW7 always pauses when working out9walking and outdoor cycling). I have full sleeves. Anyone had anything like that before? I now use workoutdoors as a work around which doesn't pause in the middle od working out but I would like yo use the native app.

square-mouse

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2021
The watch was consistently giving me readings to within 1 or 2 of a proper pulse oximeter.
In my case, when the watch is not very loose and not very tight, the meters show the oxygen level from 80 to 90 when the proper pulse oximeter gives me 99. Moreover, this function uses a lot of energy. I absolutely don't see the point of turning it on.

Reactions: Lihp8270

haruhiko

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2009
In my case, when the watch is not very loose and not very tight, the meters show the oxygen level from 80 to 90 when the proper pulse oximeter gives me 99. Moreover, this function uses a lot of energy. I absolutely don't see the point of turning it on.
Never seen such wrong readings. It’s always consistent with my finger pulse oximeter

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.