Watch Activity App integration with Health app disappointing

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by StellarEvo, Apr 24, 2015.

1. StellarEvo macrumors newbie

I assumed that my heart rate, step, flight climbed, etc data would be captured by either device and synced automatically.

I just noticed that I had a lot more steps on my phone since I didn't get my watch until later in the afternoon. It really assumes that you are going to wear this watch all the time it seems like.

2. sterl320 macrumors 6502

...so how is it disappointing?

3. StellarEvo thread starter macrumors newbie

It is disappointing because I want to know how many steps I've had without having to rely on just one device. That has been an issue with the Health app on the phone...that is, unless I have my phone on me at all times, it won't track how many steps I've gone. That's reasonable because it's not a "personal device" but I figured the watch would pick up the slack since it would be on my wrist and not give me a completely different number. It's not as simple as adding the numbers together since I may have the phone and the watch on at the same time - so the numbers conflict.

The fact that I can't use my phone's health app to see what the average heart rate for a day was seems like a huge miss. I want to see if my heart is getting stronger by seeing a graph of weekly averages with my heart rate.

Again - the device is really nice but the integration between Health and Activity is disappointing to me.

4. shandyman Suspended

On the phone, you can see the average heartbeat, I can see it on mine.

The phone can see steps from any device it's got hooked up. What is annoying is that the Activity app cannot see Steps from the phone.

5. H3rman macrumors 6502