Watch Apps Auto Download

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by TallManNY, Jun 7, 2015.

1. TallManNY macrumors 68040

TallManNY

So when I set up my Watch I elected not to download any Apps. I wanted to see battery life without those Apps, also I knew it would work a little more seamlessly without those third party apps.

Anyway, now a few have started being downloaded to it automatically. These are all Apps that I use on my phone. The first to go on the Watch was Yelp. The phone and watch seem to be doing this automatically without either my prompting or even asking me if I want to add the App.

I think that is a bit weird and on some level annoying. On the other hand, it is also convenient as I'm gradually getting a few new apps.

2. brianbrooke21 macrumors newbie

Same thing is happening to me. I want the watch with only apps that I will use on my wrist; I have to delete apps from the watch almost every day.

3. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

It's a bug which will most likely be fixed soon.

4. Shinigami301 macrumors regular

Shinigami301

This is configurable in watch settings- are you saying this is happening contrary to toggle settings?

5. floridonet macrumors regular

This occurs during app updates. Even if you have the watch configured not to load apps, as soon as there is an update to an iPhone app that has a Watch app, it will be installed. Mildly annoying but I'm sure it will be resolved Ina future update.

6. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

Any app on the iPhone that does not support Apple Watch prior to initial pair with iPhone and "do not install apps to Apple Watch" will not be installed. If your iPhone is set to update apps in the background and one of your apps now support the Apple watch, that application will be updated on your iPhone and installed on your Apple Watch.

7. TallManNY thread starter macrumors 68040

TallManNY

Thanks. That must be what is happening. That isn't creepy. Seems more like a bug. So far I don't mind since there is plenty of space on the Watch and the new Apps propagate to the outside of the circle. Maybe I will sweep a few off once a week.