Watch band lug design

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by bbednarz57, Aug 3, 2016.

1. bbednarz57 macrumors member

bbednarz57

I'm looking to get a few new bands for my watch, but the last thing I want to do is spend money on new bands only for the band design to be changed in a month when/if a new watch is released. A ton of colors are currently soldout/unavailable on Apple's site and I noticed that at the Apple store by my house the section where the bands are is getting smaller and smaller..

Do you think there is a legitimate concern that they might change the lug design rendering all current bands incompatible with the new watch?

2. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

No. I'm not concerned at all.

I don't imagine the size or shape of the case changing much, if at all -- and certainly not enough to make the existing bands stop fitting.

Apple has no reason to change it. The current design is the best connection I've ever seen for wristwatches. It's mechanically simple, it's super-secure, it can accommodate traditional strap styles with an inexpensive adapter, and it's the fastest in the business (outside of slip-through fabric straps, but none of those look good with a suit anyway).