Watch band storage trays, cases and boxes [MERGED]

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by ianfann, May 7, 2015.

1. ianfann macrumors 6502

I am sure most of us are going to end up with more than one watch band for our AW, how do you intend to store your bands? Is there a tray like storage box available in the market? This tray should be small enough to fit on my bed side table.

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

3. supertomtom macrumors 6502

supertomtom

4. DustinLH00 macrumors regular

I got this one, but there is not enough room for the M/L straps...

5. GrimmsGirl macrumors 6502

GrimmsGirl

Although I already own a (few) jewelry box(es), the interior configuration isn't right to hold the various bands I've already purchased and the additional ones I see myself purchasing in the future.

I bought this specifically to hold my spare bands:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/49118912/modular-jewelry-box-system-cherry-top?ref=related-1

It arrived today and it's very nice and well built. Enough room to toss my other watches in it if I want. I don't find it feminine, but then again I'm a woman so my reality on that might be skewed. Really, most any valet box would do for men.

6. supertomtom macrumors 6502

supertomtom

Oh no...I hope the S/M bands fit because I already ordered one...

7. ianfann thread starter macrumors 6502

This is what I am currently using to store my straps. I still can't find a suitable stand/display for my straps. I want to be able to take a glance and pick up the matching strap (usually in the mornings) instead of rummaging this tupperware box...:(

[​IMG]

8. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Been looking for something like this, thanks. I was hoping someone would make a charging dock/stand with a strap drawer, but this will do for now.

9. Slevin macrumors regular

I have a few different bands on order and I was wondering if there was a case that was are that could hold all these bands

10. TomTomTuning macrumors regular

11. stringbeanie, May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 18, 2015

stringbeanie macrumors 6502

12. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

Another photo showing the other storage

Attached Files:

13. supertomtom macrumors 6502

supertomtom

So the tray finally arrived from Amazon. I quite like it! Well constructed and makes it easy for me to organise the bands. Now just have to wait for my other 3rd party bands to arrive to fill in the slots :D It's dual layered so can hold up to 12.

Luckily the S/M bands fit perfectly into it, but I can see how it'll be too small for the M/L sized bands.

Attached Files:

14. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

Really glad I found this thread, I was just about to buy that and I have the m/l bands only. Got my Stainless Steel Space Black Link with my 42mm then bought a green Sport band in my local Apple store.

Guess I'll have to keep looking. If you have a link to some quality 3rd party bands, I'd love to take a look. :)

15. CellXor10 macrumors regular

Just like NewApplyBoy, I, too, am glad I found this thread- only maybe the 3rd time I've come into the "Accessories" subset of the Watch forums here, and this was exactly the stuff I was looking for!

I have a silver aluminum AW Sport w/Blue Sport Band (had it the past 3 and a half weeks) and just today my Black Sport Band was delivered by UPS. AND just yesterday I made a trip to one of the nearby Apple Stores and picked myself up a Classic Buckle- and I love them all! (And- as a side note, my trip to the Apple Store yesterday was actually my first time seeing any other Apple Watch or band in person. I never scheduled a try-on appointment or anything of the sort prior to preordering/receiving my Watch. So was a pretty amazing trip for me- first time seeing the Stainless Steel Watch [and gold Edition obviously for the matter], and more importantly to me and this thread, my personal opinion on a number of the bands was changed- some VERY drastically. I went from hating the Milanese Loop to almost considering ordering one, and while I only 'disliked' the Leather Loop, that one also grew on me to the point I was considering it as well. Steering back from my huge tangent- the Classic Buckle was the only band other than Sport's Bands I had considered prior to going into the store [love the Link, but not for $450], and I left the store very satisfied with one of em, which may well become my "primary" band. BUT, all of a sudden, I was very interested in every band option offered in one color or another).

Back to square one- So the Classic Buckle came with it's own 'personal case' in a sense- just pretty much a miniature version of the white plastic elongated case the Apple Watch Sport's come in, so I figured I could store it in there when not in use, but I ran into the issue with where I would want to keep my Blue Sports band. Then today, receiving the Black SB from UPS, it didn't come in any real case that it could be stored in. Which all prompted me to begin looking into storage options.

Anyways, I have nothing to offer up myself yet, save for the above short story, long, but appreciate people sharing what they've come across!

Cheers!

16. swandy macrumors regular

New Accessory Needed for Apple Watch.....

A case to hold all the BANDS we are all getting!!!!
    (Surprised no one has offered one yet.)

17. GrindedDown macrumors 6502a

Seriously not a bad idea at all honestly. I have two right now, I plan on getting a leather loop, probably the stone color, a few third party ones, and I am sure when they release some fancy new sport colors, I will want to pick up a few of those as well. Would be nice to be able to store them properly.

18. GrindedDown, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015

GrindedDown macrumors 6502a

Here is an idea I can see visually in my head.

A jewelry box, bedside companion that has slide out mini drawers for band storage. Has two small pullout trays. On the flat surface up top there are slots for the apple watch, your iphone, and ipad.

This inspired me and I did a reallllllllllly rough mockup on my ipad using iDraw of what I was thinking. My mind is running wild with the right choice of materials (wood is cool, aluminum, or maybe polycarbonate with some brushed aluminum accents and drawer handles), the right logistics for running cables into the stand so it still looks clean, and still providing an aesthetically pleasing, premium quality product. I would imagine that something like this can made and sold at about $100-ish profitably. Maybe worth a tad more as the market for a product like this will be small and the consumer will generally want to spend money on an accessory like this..

That's the product I want to use, but sadly it doesn't exist yet.

In any event, here ya go gang!

[​IMG]

19. GrindedDown macrumors 6502a

Man, I have a whole number of crazy and awesome concepts running through my head right now for a whole number of premium quality accessories for this silly wrist worn computer (it's not actually silly, I find it to be a miracle of modern science).

I may actually have to put together some detailed concepts of some of these gorgeous designs I have in mind......

20. fishkorp, May 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015

fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

I have the wooden box shown in this thread, works well for what I have. (I have 7 total bands so far)

21. TwinCitiesJHawk, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015

TwinCitiesJHawk macrumors 6502

TwinCitiesJHawk

JW8.png Props to supertomtom for the pic and convincing me to grab the box from Amazon.

It just arrived and my small/medium bands fit great, except for the link bracelet (3 links removed on each side). I had to take it apart to make it fit, but thats ok because to put it on the watch you have to break it apart like this anyway.

For $35 to fit 12 bands, Its perfect.

22. daijholt macrumors 65816

daijholt

Started looking for a box to keep my watch bands in, then realised I already have one...

Attached Files:

23. samspencer1 macrumors newbie

Sorry If this has already been mentioned...

I'm quite sad and brought all the Apple Watch straps excluding the Sport Pink, Has anyone found a nice case I could keep them all in?

The more expensive bands come in nice cases but I'm stuck with all my sports band loose in their cardboard boxes.

24. MartinSk macrumors member

I had a ready made solution in the top of my chest of drawers. There's a vanity mirror designed for ladies and make up etc but it's perfect for storing bands :)

Attached Files:

25. illippinno macrumors regular

illippinno

I have no fancy box/case for my strap. Using a fishing box/craft organizer I got from Walmart for $3 and some change. Seem to be doing its job (plus has separator/space to put my unused links).

Attached Files: