Watch Battery Indicator Issue and frozen watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bluem00se, Jun 16, 2015.

1. bluem00se macrumors newbie

I've noticed for the past several days that my watch's battery indicator was "stuck" - it would say it was at 100% all day. So last night I turned it off and on, and the charge updated to 51% - what it actually was at the time. I charged it overnight, and this morning it still said 51%. So I did the same thing - turned off and on, back to 100%. It did the same thing this morning - stayed at 100%. So this time I tried hard reseting the phone by holding down the 2 buttons for 10 seconds. It made me re-pair the phone, and the pair was unsuccessful - it seems to have crashed at some point after the watch rebooted with my restore data. Now, the watch doesn't power on - I hold down the power button for a few seconds, and the Apple logo appears for a few minutes, then the watch shuts off. Same thing happens if I hold both buttons to reset again - all I see is the Apple logo for a few minutes, then it shuts down. I'm hoping that for whatever reason, maybe the battery drained to 0, but I will not know until I get home later tonight. I just wanted to see if anyone had any similar experiences or has any other ideas as to what this issue could be? I've been reading about battery charging issues with the watch, but I have not read anything about stuck battery indicators like mine.

2. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

Charge it up, if problem continues, genius bar for replacement.